• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

subject acsess request - what am i looking for?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one day you'll put the phone down and stop listening to these fleecers....

one day......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stop answering the phone and stop calling them they can say what they like but if its not in writing it means NOTHING and that works both ways!! protect yourself and stick to writing only!!!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

if you get stuck please shout someone will help its only been left alone as you were already offered help but as that hasnt appeared dont be afraid to post back here :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

thanks beyondhope, can i just ask: it is the insurances i am trying to claiming back isnt it or is it something different, i wasnt actually told what i needed to claim back just that they had well and truly done me over. once i know what i am claiming back i will do the letter myself. but at the moment im unsure what im asking for?

ill read through again to be sure :) back in 5....

we have all had one of those messages that we have been done over hun we will get to the bottom of it for you :)

yes it is the insurances you are claiming back :) did you ever receive the policy documents? if you didnt then the cancellation period of 30days has nothing to do with it as most are 30days of receipt of policy documents

great,i dont recall recieving the policy documents (would i have got them at the start of the loan when i signed up or when i cancelled all the insurances) if it was when i cancelled all my insurances that was on my account then i definetly didnt recieve policy documents) so am i right in thinking i am claiming for the ppi? i am sorry but i dont really understand it all so please bare with me, i am just trying to get my head around the whole thing as to me trying to claim some money back.

Ok quick scan read back through all of this thread and you want to reclaim all monies paid for ALL insurances from the date of inception until last payment plus 8% statuatory interest minus the £400 already rebated....I think you may find this forum helpful with reclaiming :)

Yes and by returning £400 they have already admitted liability that it was mis sold

lifecare 24 = £195.00

ppi = £989.38

so i am writing them a letter asking for £1184.38 minus the £400 = £784.38

what is 8% statury on that?

does it matter that the insurances were cancelled before xmas? i still definetly can claim the whole lot of the insurances back cant i?

lifecare 24 = £195.00

ppi = £989.38

so i am writing them a letter asking for £1184.38 minus the £400 = £784.38

what is 8% statury on that?

does it matter that the insurances were cancelled before xmas? i still definetly can claim the whole lot of the insurances back cant i?

if they havent been claimed on its irrelevant really of when they were cancelled as you should have been properly refunded then anyway!

£1184.38 is total of insurances

£94.75 is total of 8% interest

£1279.09 is total of both

minus £400.00

£879.09 is what is left for them to refund

let someone else check those figures though

Great

Ime On It Now

I Need To Work This Out In Two Parts So Stay With Me

The Loan Is £2500 Over 36 Months At 58.15%apr

For Ease Ive Done The Apr At 58%

That Gives

Monthly Payment £130.28

Interest £2189.97

Total Payable £4689.97

now The Insurance Crap

£1184.38 Over 36 Months At 58% Apr

Monthly Payment £61.72

Interest £1,037.50

Total Payable £2,221.88

So We Add The Interest From The Loan £2189.97 With The Interest From The Insurance £1037.50 To Give A Total £3227.47

We Now Add Acceptance Fee To Give A Charge For Credit Of £3302.47

£2500 Loan

£1184.38

grand Total Repayable With Insurance Crap £6986.85

Devide By 36 Gives A Monthly Repayment Of £194

--------------------------------------------------------------------

without Insurance

That Gives

Monthly Payment £130.28

Interest £2189.97

Total Payable £4689.97

to That We Add Acceptance Fee Of £75 Gives A Total Repayable

£4764.97 Over 36 Months Gives A Monthly Figure Of £132.36

so By Not Having The Insurance Crap You Save £2221.88

if the insurance monthly payment was £61.72 and now i dont have any insurance's should my payments not have gone down to £130.28? they haven't so in all fairness am i right in thinking i am paying a extra £61.72 a month - surely to god that should have paid some of my 4 arrears off? can i claim for these.

if the insurance monthly payment was £61.72 and now i dont have any insurance's should my payments not have gone down to £130.28? they haven't so in all fairness am i right in thinking i am paying a extra £61.72 a month - surely to god that should have paid some of my 4 arrears off? can i claim for these.

if indeed the insurances had been cancelled then your loan would should have been rewritten without the insurances inc in payments and the extra you have paid should come off your arrears.

you can only claim back the insurance payments that you have made already so that would be however many payments x £61.72 not the total of the insurances shown on the agreement as the agreement hasnt finished

also looking theough all this is states that my insurance was £11.84.38 and Monthly Payment £61.72

Interest £1,037.50

Total Payable £2,221.88

surely to god they cant put £1,037.50 interest on the insurance can they? and if they have can i claim that back aswell or not?

also looking theough all this is states that my insurance was £11.84.38 and Monthly Payment £61.72

Interest £1,037.50

Total Payable £2,221.88

surely to god they cant put £1,037.50 interest on the insurance can they? and if they have can i claim that back aswell or not?

Yep interest on insurances is normal as they are meant to pay the insurances up front and you pay them back so sort of like borrowing extra the interest on the insurances is incl in that £61.72 a month

if indeed the insurances had been cancelled then your loan would should have been rewritten without the insurances inc in payments and the extra you have paid should come off your arrears.

you can only claim back the insurance payments that you have made already so that would be however many payments x £61.72 not the total of the insurances shown on the agreement as the agreement hasnt finished

i am sorry but i am so confussed now, if you are saying i can only claim back the insurance payments i have paid, then i wont be able to claim back the £900 will i?

i am sorry but i am so confussed now, if you are saying i can only claim back the insurance payments i have paid, then i wont be able to claim back the £900 will i?

You cant claim back what you havent paid yet....you can only claim what you have paid plus 8% interest

so its the number of payments you have made x £61.72 + 8%

so the £412 rebate that they refunded me might be the correct amount: 61.72 x 9 months = £555.48 i took the loan out in the april 2007 and ended all insurances in the january, however they didnt end them untill December 2009 and i got a rebate of £412

ok so i get that to be £599.85 take the £400 off = 199.85

I would put together a letter outlining the 599.85-400.00 = 199.85 still to be refunded and that fact that your payments should have been reduced or the term of the loan reduced (whichever ud prefer) to take into account you are no longer paying for insurances

but dont forget the 8% is calculated from the date EACH month you paid PPI, not the lot lumped together then add 8%,

don't sell yourself short.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...