Walder vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Great forum and great advice!

Have sent off my recorded letter to the Halifax today requesting statements etc using the standard DPA letter to the Trinity Road address.

Reckon I am owed approx £1500+ over the last 6 years.

Will keep you updated as to my progress!

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me. I have read the FAQ and scanned the forums but cannot find what I need. I need to write a letter to Halifax refusing there paltry offer of £264.00! Could someone point me in the right direction of how I can refuse the offer and inform them I am pressing ahead with court action if they do not pay the full amount? Thanks!

Did you send your £10 - if not send another letter NOW with the £10 in it. I wrote on the 3rd March and have heard nothing - I authorised them to debit my account, but they haven't. The general concensus of advice is that they use the non-enclosure of the £10 to stall proceedings, so don't give them the chance!

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Hi Guys!

Sent the DPA letter and requested statements etc. I have received a reply back today which asks for 5 pounds for the statements which I will send today and also says

'The majority of transactions on your account are automated and all application of charges is automated. The only manual internvention around charges would be when a refund is made.'

Surely this means they are admitting that the charges should not have been made?

Any advice, is this good news?

Thanks!

Hi Guys!

Sent the DPA letter and requested statements etc. I have received a reply back today which asks for 5 pounds for the statements which I will send today and also says

'The majority of transactions on your account are automated and all application of charges is automated. The only manual internvention around charges would be when a refund is made.'

Surely this means they are admitting that the charges should not have been made?

It's good news in that they cannot now defend the level of the charge is so high because it requires manual intervention has been necessary which is one the lines banks have been using recently.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Hi Guys!

Thanks!

Can we have a scan of this letter please to [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Getting fed up now. Sent the £5 in cash on the day I received their demand, sent by recorded delivery and with a letter. This was on the 31st March. No reply and no statements so I also emailed them chasing this up last week, got no reply. Phoned up today and spoke to a lady in the call centre, she looked up my case and could see the letters and said they had closed the case!! They had not logged the £5 or sent the statements. I have a tracking receipt and the letter and money was signed for.

Explained everything again and she put a follow up note on the account listing the above with my phone number and said hopefully they will do something now.

What else can I do? Why is this so hard? I paid the money, sent it by recorded delivery and still no statements. Can they get away with not sending them? Can I just estimate the charges (overflated) if they don't reply?

Advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Patience. They will send them, especially if you have now paid the £5. It did not take me long, but can understand your frustration.

Keep going, its well worth it!!

Halifax - Since 2003 £1,186 DPA Request: 24.03.06

PRL - sent Recorded 05.04.06

Letter received 07.04.06 - Thanks but No thanks

LBA - 20.04.06 Refused Money Claim filed 08.05.06

Served 14.05 Acknowledged 16.05.06 - 28 days to go

:D WON - PAID IN FULL 25.05.06

Lloyds [/i]- Since 2000 £780.31 - DPA Request: 23.03.06

PRL - sent recorded 10.04.2006

Letter Rec'd 13.04 - Not interested

LBA - 13.04.06 Money Claim filed 25.04.06

Served 01.05.06 & Acknowledged 03.05.06. - 28 days to go

Defence received 25.05 - Here we go

Go into the bank and ask for them to be printed there and then.. Give them a fiver for the time.

It seems to me that the aggresive DPA letter is slowing down the process. I just phoned and asked for copys of the statements and received them with no hassle presumably becuase I didn't make the DPA request.

Good luck though and dont give up.

Blod

Ok, good news is that they have sent the info by special delivery no less! The problem is I now have about 150 sheets of invester account reports rather than statements and as they are for 3 accounts it is very confusing. Can anyone advise me how to make sense of them or point me in the right direction?

Also interesting to note that the date they were printed was the 9th of April so I do have to wonder why it has taken them 10 days to post!

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, it's been over 14 days since I sent the letter demanding payment, I sent it recorded delivery and it was received but no reply of any kind. I was expecting some kind of reply even if it was just a standard response. Do I now start proceedings? Or should I wait a while longer? Do they usually reply within the 14 days? Thanks for any advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well after hearing nothing and phoning Halifax last week and being spoken to like a child by the customer relations officer I have news! I received a letter today offering me £264 in full and final settlement, obviously I am not going to accept as I am claiming £1900 but it is a start!

Although frustrating and very drawn out I finally feel I am getting somewhere! Thanks for all the advice.

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me. I have read the FAQ and scanned the forums but cannot find what I need. I need to write a letter to Halifax refusing there paltry offer of £264.00! Could someone point me in the right direction of how I can refuse the offer and inform them I am pressing ahead with court action if they do not pay the full amount? Thanks!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks