HFO Services/Capital/Turnbull barclaycard debt

vjohn82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys... you have email (copied in) but for the benefit of CAG.

Dear Caroline,

I want to thank you for confirming that the contracts signed between Barclaycard and HFO Capital are "simple contracts" and not "deeds of assignment" as previously inferred by Cormac Toomey and indeed the solicitors representing the various factions of HFO.

I now have the necessary proof to demonstrate how these documents could not possibly have had the effect of being effective deeds under the Law of Property Act 1925. This proves without question that my personal account has not be transferred to HFO Capital via any effective legal route.

Your comments have finally provided the evidence I require and I am grateful for it.

I eagerly anticipate your answer to the Default Notice issue.

Regards,

vjohn82

The simple fact is that the default notice was not compliant. She has said it referred to all these things - maybe, but they were all wrong. And it came from Mercers, not Barclays. And did not give enough time to remedy.

Hope she's looking for a new job selling sky hooks.

The simple fact is that the default notice was not compliant. She has said it referred to all these things - maybe, but they were all wrong. And it came from Mercers, not Barclays. And did not give enough time to remedy.

I've heard she is marginally better at making coffee than Cormac :D

I have provided some "clarification" as requested but to be honest I have already clarified the Regulations on two previous occasions.

She has merely plagarised Cormac...

We're not worthy!!!

If there is only one signature, I believe it should still be attested.

It should... even s.44 of the Companies Act she referred to says so:

44. (2) A document is validly executed by a company if it is signed on behalf of the company—

(a) by two authorised signatories, or

(b) by a director of the company in the presence of a witness who attests the signature.

A key to this could lie in HFO's Articles of Association. Need to check whether they provide any one director with total executive and discretionary powers to do things like sign contracts alone.

The HFO documents were NOT witnessed, anyway, so really it's a moot point.

Does anyone else think that Ken Apter has done every debtor with a BC account which has been sold to HFO/Cabot a HUGE favour???

I think we all owe him a drink for his either deliberate actions or amazing stupidity.

Section 44:-

44 Execution of documents

(1) Under the law of England and Wales or Northern Ireland a document is executed by a company—

(a) by the affixing of its common seal, or

(b) by signature in accordance with the following provisions.

(2) A document is validly executed by a company if it is signed on behalf of the company—

(a) by two authorised signatories, or

(b) by a director of the company in the presence of a witness who attests the signature.

(3) The following are “authorised signatories” for the purposes of subsection (2)—

(a) every director of the company, and

(b) in the case of a private company with a secretary or a public company, the secretary (or any joint secretary) of the company.

(4) A document signed in accordance with subsection (2) and expressed, in whatever words, to be executed by the company has the same effect as if executed under the common seal of the company.

(5) In favour of a purchaser a document is deemed to have been duly executed by a company if it purports to be signed in accordance with subsection (2).

A “purchaser” means a purchaser in good faith for valuable consideration and includes a lessee, mortgagee or other person who for valuable consideration acquires an interest in property.

(6) Where a document is to be signed by a person on behalf of more than one company, it is not duly signed by that person for the purposes of this section unless he signs it separately in each capacity.

(7) References in this section to a document being (or purporting to be) signed by a director or secretary are to be read, in a case where that office is held by a firm, as references to its being (or purporting to be) signed by an individual authorised by the firm to sign on its behalf.

(8) This section applies to a document that is (or purports to be) executed by a company in the name of or on behalf of another person whether or not that person is also a company.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Anyway - and importantly - I don't think those sections of the 2006 Act were in place in early 2007 when the sale document in question was signed. I don't think section 44 came into effect until 6 April 2008.

So there. Gotcha! Relying on the wrong Act!

• Haha 1

Anyway - and importantly - I don't think those sections of the 2006 Act were in place in early 2007 when the sale document in question was signed. I don't think section 44 came into effect until 6 April 2008.

It does not get away from the fact that execution of documents, signed by one person, needs to be attested.

44.2b

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

D'oh... why didn't I remember that?

That's what I put in my first letter to Toomey the Teamaker :lol: