benefit fraud inestigation???

nic0404
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have received a letter from the dwp, its an invitation to attand an interview at my local job centre plus office. It says a query has arisen with my claim (i am on IS, HB CTB) They have asked my to provide 3 months of bank statements, full birth certificates for myself and my 2 children, plus our passports plus my tenancy agreement and driving license!

I telephoned them to ask if it mattered whether my sons passport had run out or not and also asked them what it was regarding, I was told its to check im receiving the correct amount of money??? Ive never known this to happen to any one else and am wondering whether an allegation (probably by my spiteful ex!) has been falsely made. I am entitled to everything i claim and am not committing any fraud so know i have nothin to hide, however i would like to know what i am walkin into!!!

anyone experienced this before??

thanks

nic :o)

This sounds more like a compliance interview than a benefit fraud interview. Unless the letter specifically states "Interview under caution", then it's compliance and these are (in general) not a lot to worry about. (unless of course you have been commiting benefit fraud)

Click here and look at my post (post number 2) which highlights the difference between The Compliance Team and The Fraud Investigation Service. It may set your mind at ease.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

hi thanks for the info :-) no i have nothing to hide at all, however i have a very spiteful ex who also caused me to be investigated by our local councils fraud team by telling them i wasnt living at the address i claimed to be!! of course this was also found to be false, however its the worry and the stress of being cross examined and having my life probed!! Im a natural worrier and without the money I get I honestly would not have any where to turn!

I have never heard of them asking for bank statements and birth certs etc before, thats why I thought there might be more to it!

It's normal for compliance to request these. I was reported by a spiteful ex too. Compliance asked for everything. Employment contract, wage slips, childminding contract, utility bills, a year's worth of bank statements - the list goes on. But it backfired on him. They actually discovered that I was not getting the correct entitlement and increased my award! :)

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

hahaha thats karma! i always say it to him too ...u will get your comeuppance! however 18mnths later and it would seem hes still trying to get at me! As i say i have nothing to hide and will provide as much as i can....i just wanted to know what i was walking into! thanks :-)