Notice Of Correction For Stat Barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Lowell have finally admitted defeat and sent me a letter informing me that an account they had set up because they said I owed them money is now closed.

How do I get this removed from my credit report?

Thanks,

Gary

This is what I found.

LowellDefault.jpg

I have a letter from them admitting it was subject to Section (5) of the limitation act 1980 and they have closed the account.

Point is, these b*****ds shouldn't of even had an account for this as this was stat barred.

The date is 2007?

I've never had anything from Lowell in 2007?

I think these bastards done this deliberately to destroy my credit report.

You will have to contact the CRA as it was the OC that marked your file not Lowell, don't forget to keep a copy of that letter do not send it anywhere;)

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

If it was Lowells that marked your file, report them for putting incorrect info on your file to the information commisioners office and copy in the CRA's.Claim for damages through the courts.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Yes I rectified what I said my post went up before the CRF was posted, surely if this debt is now with Lowlife then the OC would have marled the file before it went to a DCA .

Send the original creditor a subject access request notice (SARN) for all the information they hold on you. This costs £10 and should take no longer than 40 days for them to provide. If the documents show you were defaulted by the OC in 2004 then all well and good. But if Lowlife added that note themselves then they should be taken to task. If they won't admit their wrongdoing then the information commissioner should. A court most certainly would order them to pay costs and damages for their "little mistake".

An account can only be defaulted by either the DCA or the OC, not both.

That is why I originally presumed that the OC had marked the file as the debt was so old, sorry for any confusion and my inability to explain what I was attempting to put forward:confused: