insurance company wont settle after bump from another car .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:?:?:?:?:?:?help.

my daughters car was hit whilst stationary at a juction, the other car slid into her (icey conditions). the other driver admited liability to her ins, company my daughters car was collected by a garage commisioned by the ins, company. the rang her told her the car was a right off, and if she agreed the car would be scrapped and she would be given what they considered a fair price for her car, she accepted. now they say the other driver has changed her origanal statement and it was not her fault . the ins, company now want my daughter to admit she was to blame and are trying to renage on their first offer. what can we do.???????

What is the insurance held on your daughters car, is it third party or fully comp?

Were there any independent witnesses to the accident?

Please clarify the above questions and then we can give you better advice about how to proceed

Mossy

i have just found out she did get a letter from the mechanicl surveyor stating that her car should be written off and giving her a value for . wich she had to agree to and return signed. no copys.nothing else in writing.all contact has been by phone apart from the letter.

i cant see how the other insurers can say its not the other drivers fault. Your daughter stationary at a junction (so this would put her on the LH side of the road,waiting to pull onto main road?). So if the TP turning into the junction and slid on the ice, cant see how they hold your daughter at fault