Letter from moorcroft following CCA request

teamsquirrel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Moorcroft have started chasing me for an old Barclaycard debt which has balooned to over £700. I made a request under Section 77/78 of the CCA and they have responded with the letter at the link below. Just wanted to ask the more experienced if there's anything in particular I should do or just wait it out for the information?

Picasa Web Albums - Chris (click on Download to view it large in your browser).

Many thanks for any help!!

Hi TeamS and welcome to CAG.

When you say old, how old is the debt and when did you last pay towards it, or acknowledge the debt to BC or any DCA.

If there were penalty charges on this a/c, you can reclaim them in full. You'll need all your statements to do this and, if you don't have them, send off a SAR with the £10 fee to get the info you require.

Read other threads here in the BC forum to get an idea of how you will reclaim these penalty charges.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I opened the account in 2004 and it had a credit limit of £400 so was shocked that it's now £700!! I last paid in mid 2009 and there was many a missed payment prior to that. Over the years there must have been hundreds in charges.

Claiming charges seems to be a hard slog and I'd be happy to pay the original £400 to get them off my back, but £700 is a different matter!!!

Should I await the CCA before sending a SAR to the DCA? I'm guessing they just add the settlement to the balance and if this is the case, It'll pay the whole thing off probably!!

Personally, I'd suggest you send off the SAR now to get your a/c statements asap. Contesting the enforceability of the a/c can take months and years, with little progress. BC rarely sell their a/c's so the chance of getting a settlement agreed is poor, unless they offer you that option.

Getting the charges is straightforward and, if you don't claim contractual interest, you will get the charges refunded quickly.

If you claim contractual interest, you will have to file a claim at court but this will still be over more quickly than disputing the debt. And the financial reward of claiming contractual int't can be high.

See this thread which is an exception - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/239262-barclaycard-charges-claim-repaid.html

Also, read the Interest Tutorial in my signature about claiming contractual interest.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Many thanks slick 132. He seemed to just send off a letter and then got a refund! - saved himself the £10 SAR too by the looks of it. If it's as easy as that I may have to give it a go - with a SAR obviously as I want to know they're refunding the right amount.

Like I said, that is a real exception.

Normally if you seek contractual interest, you'll have to take BC to court, submit a court bundle (your evidence) and they'll only back down at the last minute.

SAR now. :)