CapQuest problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right got a letter from them for an accoutn i know nothing about and sent them the letter m from template saying i know nothing about the debt, i got a reply asking if i knew an address which i didnt and sent a reply saying that i dont know the address.

i didnt get a reply for a few weeks and then got another one out the blue saying that they would give me a 30% discount on each payment i make if set up a payment ASAP on the account.

they have not sent me any copy of the agrements or any thing about the account

could someone point me in the right direction of what i should be doing next?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

right i have now got a reply, they have said i need to contact the main people that supplied the credit and not gap quest.

is this correct?

also they have sent another letter saying they are going to issue statory demand can this be done while im desputing the debt.

Edited by ricky1

i bet the letter actually says MAY. might, could, etc etc

phishing letter

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

right i have now got a reply, they have said i need to contact the main people that supplied the credit and not gap quest.

is this correct?

also they have sent another letter saying they are going to issue statory demand can this be done while im desputing the debt.

Make your position clear and send this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

thank you for the link i shall get the letter of in the post, am i correct is saying that its cap quest that has to supply this as they are the ones demarnding money from me and not egg

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

well i have today got a reply.

they have replied with i must contact egg and supply the one pound charge.

now one mind says to ignore this letter and the other says reply again as this is a debt that i deffo do not know about so a bit concerned tbh.

what do you think is best?

their playing with you

time to ignore them..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are in breach of CCA 1974

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.
Make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct because they are refusing to provide a 'True Copy' of the CCA which is your legal right to have. Consumer Direct - Contact us

Cerberus, I have a question about the CCA letter. It states that we should amend the letter to refer to either s77 or s78 or s79. Does it matter? If we get the wrong section doe sit invalidate the letter? Can we get away with just asking under the CCA without reference to the relevanmt section?

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers