Help Writing a Letter unfair dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know a lot of time has passed under the bridge as I was made redundant in late 2008.

However I was made redundant as the service/department I was working for was supposed to be being closed down! I have now found out that this department never closed at all!

I would now like to write a formal letter to the company requesting an explanation as to why I was mislead in to redundancy.

Any help writing a suitably worded letter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The real issue here is if this was a genuine redundancy or just a sham to get rid of you.

Just because the department is still going in some way, shape or form does not mean your redundancy was not genuine.

Even if it was a genuine redundnacy your employer will still need to have followed various procedures.

Can you tell us more about the facts, any consultation that took place, and any money you were offered when made redundant? A letter can then be formed around these.

The other issue here is time limits, as your claim would probably be barred in the Tribunal, but you may still be able to go in the courts, depending on what you seek to claim.

Either way I think you are really behind the 8 ball if you are looking for redress, given the amount of time that has passed.

Edited by R&J

To be honest I feel the need to have my say on the issue....

I was formally told that the reason for my redundancy was that the department was closing and therefore my job was redundant.

I was told there were no other jobs available within any other department and offered my full redundancy entitlement.

To be honest I need some form of closure on it and an explanation from them as to why the department never ever closed as fully indicated to me was the sole reason for my redundancy would maybe make me feel less angry.

Write a letter asking them to explain why the department is still going. Point out that you were told it would be closing, and that this was the reason for your redundancy.

If you got a fair payout then there is probably not much else you could go on, even if you wanted to.