N97 Mini / CPW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm after some advice....

I upgraded my phone at the start of decemeber to the N97Mini and over the christmas period he developed a high pitch squeel whenever the screen was on and during calls.

So I took it back in Jan when I was back at work and it was sent off for repair.

Two weeks later it was returned the same problem occured

So it went back into repair one week later it was returned and the problem occured

Took it back in for the 3rd time and I was given a replacement of the same model got it home and this had the same issue with the squeel

So the next day I took it back in and was told it had to be sent off for repair.

I phoned Customer Services and explained the situation and told that I have lost faith in the phone and dont want and would like a different make, they have said that the engineers have repaired the phone and it down to them to decide if I get a new one.

The store have phoned to say my phone is ready for collection, I've told them that I dont want it as I have lost faith it, only to be told that I need to into the shop and they would need to send the phone off again for the enginners to make a decision.

Am I within my rights to ask for another phone or to be released from my contract.

Dont see why I should be locked in for a phone which I can use.

Thanks

Dan

Phone has nothing to do with the contract - it will carry on regardless. As for the handset, the Service Centre will need to be the arbiter of whether you are justified, if they accept what you say, it should be a simple task of arranging a credit and an alternative model.

If you don't let them - you then fall into limbo with no resolution and mucho ill-will.