Opinion please vs Welcome

grantyblade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

N1 is form to file claim at court

Blobs are on the left hand side under number of posts you have made when you have helped someone and they tip your scales when you have a certain amount you get a blob everyone starts with one blob I believe

• Haha 1

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't anything for me to claim at them moment is there? Guess I'll just go down FOS route. I am liable for arrears, I can't fight them??????? the only fight maybe is outstanding amounts from a debatable VT date to when agreement is terminated full stop. Are you trying to claim money back?

Ill see how I go with fos and decide then i ultimately want mine rendered unenforceble and wiped from credit file as there are alot of issues. Although should they repo unlawfully which im informed recovery company has been instructed I will be going for the jugular :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thank you :)

If you send the letter and they admit the DN and TN are invalid but the termination still stands then, in theory, you will only be liable for the arrears, the balance will be written off and you get to keep the car.

It sounds good, but please be wary of Welcome. Irrespective of the law they will still do as they please. They are not a reputable company and ignore the rules on a very regular basis; this forum is living proof of their underhand tactics!

Even though you know what your rights are they will still operate as if they are above the law.

The very best of luck x

Excellent :) Good Luck! If you are going down FOS route get copies of everything that you think is relevant and send with the initial complaints form or with a covering letter save the back and fore of we need more info :)

Ozzy, or anyone,

Going back to my post #26, do you have any further thoughts on can I claim all insurances back or is it just PPI? And on my statement at the bottom of the post, why does the insurance credit not come off my outstanding balance??

Letter regarding unlawful repudiation sent rec. del. Yesterday, same day the welscum branch manager phoned me to try and help me with my account!!! laughable. Didn't answer the phone, was just a message left. I presume I shouldn't talk to them over the phone and keep everything in writing?! Wonder why they are phoning me when they've had a 'contact only via letter' letter.

On another note, I have just started a new thread under motoring entitled (http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/motoring/251166-vt-against-british-credit.html) VT with British Credit Trust. My girlfriend is 23months into 48 month agreement. Impeccable payment record. Has sent VT. Everything fine. BCT acting well. Couple of thoughts on it though if anyone around here can shed any light - do we apy them £110 to collect or drive 1 hour to leeds? (car has few minor scracthes - which I'm trying to iron out). Secondly when they sell the car at auctionlink3.gif we would be liable to any shortfall in £ to their value. Any loopholes I should know/ scams/ how to play this?

Help apprecaited

Have sent a letter to ICO and copied it in to Welcome - hope that was a good idea. have also sent the letter to the persons who's details I recieved so we shall see what they have to say!?

On another note still wondering about claiming my PPI, gap, medical, emergency cover etc etc back from my previous account, figures on previous threads. Any template letter or how to calculate what they may owe?

Cheers

Sound sok to me :) Ozzy may be able to help on the ppi claim :)

Just recieved 2 letters from Welcome this morning, firstly is their response to my list of complaints which they deem as their FINAL RESPONSE and they reject my complaint. I sent them an unlawful repudaition letter last week, should I wait their response on that or should I write back now about not accepting their FINAL RESPONSE? The letter is attached. My local branch also re-sent the (invalid) DN along with a letter asking to clear arrears and it states that my account will be leaving the company on 31st march 2010! Where is it going? Holiday to bermuda? Letter also says they have been trying to contact me and can I phone my local branch!! Should I?

Edited by grantyblade
wrong files attached, will re-post

Just recieved 2 letters from Welcome this morning, firstly is their response to my list of complaints which they deem as their FINAL RESPONSE and they reject my complaint. I sent them an unlawful repudaition letter last week, should I wait their response on that or should I write back now about not accepting their FINAL RESPONSE? The letter is attached. My local branch also re-sent the (invalid) DN along with a letter asking to clear arrears and it states that my account will be leaving the company on 31st march 2010! Where is it going? Holiday to bermuda? Letter also says they have been trying to contact me and can I phone my local branch!! Should I?

Hahaha can ya account take you with it if its going somewhere nice? Can I come too :lol:

I had a response from local branch re: unlawful repudiation basically saying she didnt understand as they sent a default and heres another copy yes thats fine but its still defective sweetheart :lol: I wouldnt be prepared to call them at all without recording it, I much prefer the paper trail as they dig their own grave in black and white then ;)

So do you think I should play my cards about the unlawful repudiation and go into detail about it if they think their DN is fine (depending obviously if they reply as they did with you) and play the won't stand up in court line etc etc and see what they say. Hopefully then they will realise what they did was wrong and therefore my VT should then become legal!? Iw on't call them anyway. Where are these forwarded accounts going? To cattles or to a 'proper' outside DCA?

So do you think I should play my cards about the unlawful repudiation and go into detail about it if they think their DN is fine (depending obviously if they reply as they did with you) and play the won't stand up in court line etc etc and see what they say. Hopefully then they will realise what they did was wrong and therefore my VT should then become legal!? Iw on't call them anyway. Where are these forwarded accounts going? To cattles or to a 'proper' outside DCA?

Id wait and see if you get anything before the end of the month when your account takes its holiday, you may get a s*d off letter like me but you may not....if its passed over to a dca im not sure what happens then re: repo as my account was never 'passed over' it stayed with the local office right to repo. From what ive seen though Lewis (welcomes inhouse) seem to be getting their cast offs....

Where are these forwarded accounts going? To cattles or to a 'proper' outside DCA?

They are going to lewis.

I started a thread saying how quiet they had gone on me, a dodgy DN in Nov then zilch from them.

I wonder how much they read on here because they have now woken up to the fact they are not chasing me, seems quiet coincidental. :rolleyes:

Have had no termination notice off the back of my defective DN just a threat-o-gram from Lewis last week.

well still haven't recieved a response to my unlawful repudiation. Just want welscum to admit that their DN and TN are in valid and therefore my VT stands and I can wash my hands of all of it, then I'll come to some nice payment for my arrears. Whilst in the meantime ask for many charges back and the PPI from first loan. Just scared bout playing all my cards too early? But evidence is evidence? If I prove it to them now they may see sense? Long shot I know.!!!:lol:

well still haven't recieved a response to my unlawful repudiation. Just want welscum to admit that their DN and TN are in valid and therefore my VT stands and I can wash my hands of all of it, then I'll come to some nice payment for my arrears. Whilst in the meantime ask for many charges back and the PPI from first loan. Just scared bout playing all my cards too early? But evidence is evidence? If I prove it to them now they may see sense? Long shot I know.!!!:lol:

Hi granty,

have you made any payments since TN?

what a shock they havent responded eh :rolleyes:

when did you send it?

I would be tempted to send a written request to VT and see what they say to that if they come back with you cant then hit them with the big guns.

Have you had anything pointing towards repo?

Beyond,

they sent DN on 24/12/09 (Welcome working xmas eve!) don't think I recieved til 29th/30th, I didn't pay much attention to it, thought ridiculous as I hadn't missed a payment in ages and next payment due 31/12/09. I Paid as usual 31/12/09. Thought I wouldn't pay anymore after this point so I sent a VT 19/2/10 REC DEL, although they said they didn't recieve until 1/3/10.

They sent me TN mid feb.

They say I can't VT cos of their TN. But I believe their DN and TN invalid. No mention of repo yet, just letter 2/3 days ago saying if no payment made onto account, the account would be leaving their office.

If I did make a payment after their DN would that then mean the DN is void and should be rescinded?