Desperate or what

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a letter from Fredricksons for a previous tenant this is the third DCA chasing this debt. All of the letters have threatened Legal Action, bailiffs, and they have all suggested payment can be made by credit card, all of this for the princely sum of less than £7. How these firms must be struggling.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

A relative of mine moved to Spain leaving behind a few debts. Unfortunately I did not know about this, when I voluntered to be a forwarding address for post.

One of the debts was about £30 owed to Sky. This amount was chased for 7 years by various DCA's before they gave up. MH even sent one of their doorstep collectors 10 miles to my address. The collector was a bit pi**ed off to say the least, as he was on commision and was paying for his own petrol. Obviously I told him to get lost in a nice way. He was getting really hacked off by MH for being given absolute rubbish to chase for, as he was earning bu**ger all and paying for car costs, only to be sworn at by most people.

Makes you think what idiots these companies are, spending hundreds on chasing a £30 debt. Some of their collectors may be on commision but the cost of running their offices, staff, postage, phone calls, must surely make chasing anything below £200 a waste of time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In the good old Poll Tax days I had my wages arrested for a single unpaid amount of around £3.98.which had been caused by me making an error for 30p on my standing order payment during that finaccial year.

They couldn't arrest for a balance of less than £15.00 tso added a charge of £15 and the arrestment of my wages cost a further £40 or so.

Only received 1 letter asking me to call on a Wednesday. couldn't get thru on their busy call line and 2 days later the Friday the personnel dept called me in to say my wages were being arrested.

Legalised robbery,, if it happened now I would create merry hell, but in those days it was much more difficult. I've still got the arrestment sheet with the £3.98 outstanding balance , should get it framed to remind me never to let myself be stomped over again.

Received a letter from CL Finance threatening legal action for an outstanding amount of £5 last year.Think these threatogrms are just churned out by a computer system. It was their mistake so never found out if they'd ever be stupid enough to have taken it further.

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter arrived today threatening bailiffs, they have spent more on postage between the 3 DCA's than the debt is for. Can I just remind everyone that when you return letters to DCA's the need to put in a new envelope with their address this enables the Post Office to collect £1.36 on unpaid postage, if just returned to sender they are returned free.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.