Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Servicing Stop Limited Registered Office Address: 57 London Rd, Enfield, Middlesex, England, EN2 6DU Company Type: Private Limited Company Company Status: Active Company Number: 06558606 Directors: Oliver Joseph Richmond Appointed 8th April 2008, Toby Robert Richmond Appointed 8th September 2009 Companies House Link: SERVICING STOP LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK SERVICING STOP LIMITED - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual...   Endole Link: Servicing Stop Limited - Company Profile - Endole SUITE.ENDOLE.CO.UK Servicing Stop Limited is an active company located in Enfield, Greater London. View Servicing Stop Limited profile, shareholders, contacts...  
    • Hi I assume the Loft Conversion with the eaves and crawl space was there when you initially purchased the property. Even in done after purchasing the property and the correct permissions were in place i.e. Local Authority, Land Registry, Freeholder which is Southern Land which would be required as a Leasehold property. The difficulty is if the Loft Conversion was there when you purchased the property and there is no evidence in your documents of the eaves and crawl space due to where the Red Lines stop in the plans or even after purchase it was added this is the reason you are having issues with selling due to those missing Red Lines in the Plans and any other Buyers competent Solicitor would flag this up. I can understand the reasons the Buyer wishes a Deed of Variation probably there Solicitor requesting this to ensure those missing red lines are covered before the Sale as they Flagged this as an issue as Red Lines missing on Plans and want buyer protected. As for the £8000 costs Together and cohort Southern Land are trying to charge have you thought of contacting a few Property Solicitors yourself to get a few quotes. (only mention this because when I research this possible costs can range from £500 - £2000 depending on the Deed of Variation work required and nothing to stop you doing this then approaching Together and cohorts with it) Also ask Together/Southern Land for a breakdown of the £8000 costs for the Deed of Variation. Yup do send both Together and Southern Land a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that data in whether it be emails, written, recorded calls etc. They then have 30 Calendar Days to respond and that time limit only starts once they acknowledge receipt of your SAR Request. When you purchased the property some 17yrs ago are the Solicitors that you went through at that time still operating? (I know probably a silly question but if they are nothing to stop you contacting them and asking them about this especially if the Loft Conversion was in place when you purchased the property) Another link that will be useful to you as Leasehold is The Leasehold Advisory Service: Home - The Leasehold Advisory Service WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG Government funded, independent advice for residential leaseholders and park home residents  
    • Why struggling parents aren't choosing cheaper brands when it comes to infant formula milk.View the full article
    • Musk's profane attack on advertisers baffled experts - without adverts, how would X survive?View the full article
    • The amount has spiralled to an all-time high, according to exclusive research for us by Gretel.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
    • Post in Some advice on buying a used car
    • People are still buying used cars unseen, paying by cash or by bank transfer, relying on brand-new MOT's by the dealer's favourite MOT station….
      It always leads to tears!
      used car.mp4


    • Pizza delivery insurance.mp4




      Parcel delivery insurance 1.mp4
        • Haha
      • 2 replies
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My daughter is having problems with a bailiff company. My daughter knew she had some outstanding debts with council tax and was trying to get herself sorted, so she contacted the council to find out how much she owed, they told her it had been passed to equita, she contacted them who gave her the name and number of the bailiff who was dealing with it. My daughter contacted him and was told she owed £406 on one and £404 on another and that she would be likely to go to prison if it wasnt paid, and that one had to be paid off in full, but the other could be paid in instalments. My daughter rang me in tears terrifed at the prospect of going to prison, so i agreed to pay one of these debt off in full, i did this the following week by contacting the bailiff on his mobile.

However, someone advised us to contact the council to find out what the original arrears were, which my daughter did, the arrears were £172 and £173, which totals £345,yet the bailiff are asking for a total of £810, my daughter has only ever received letters from the bailiff company and at no time has a bailiff ever attended her property, issued a levy or anything like that. my daughter is now seeking advice. Has anyone else had excessive charges added to their original debt??? :x and if you have, did you eventually have to pay them??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bailiffs cannot say whether a person will go to Prison or not-only a court can decide that.

Looks like theres been charges added yes.

Has there no breakdown of fees been given ?

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a good read of the posts on here Sassykat and you will see that there are some quite underhand tactics employed by some bailiffs.

I was overcharged by a bailiff but I pointed them out and they gave me a refund. There are strict charge rates that they have to adhere to but some clearly dont and what they charge could, I would suggest, be illegal.

Write to them and ask for a breakdown of their charges.


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, we have no breakdown of fee's, nor do i have a receipt for the money i paid, althugh it is on my bank statement. We called Equita to ask for a break down of the fee's and were told we had to write in for it, which my daughter has done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

send this to the equita by e-mail and recorded delivery letter


I phoned your bailiff MR xxxxxxx who informed me that i had two liability orders outstanding and amounts owing were £406 and £404

during this phone call i was also informed that if i did not pay these debts i would go to prison


My mother offered to pay off 1 balance and after speaking again on the phone to Mr xxxxxx it was agreed that if i paid off one debt in full i could pay the other in instalments A payment of £406 was made on the (date)


I have now taken advice regarding this matter and also spoken to xxxx council who informed me that the liability orders sent to Eqita were for £172 and £173


I have never had a visit from MRxxxxx his phone number was given to myself during a phone call i made to your office

Any letters i have received regarding this matter have been from Equita

at no time during these phone calls did Mr xxxxx breakdown the amounts into council tax debt and bailiff charges


May i draw your attention to







regulations i am sure you are fully aware of


I can therefore only conclude from the fees that your bailiff is charging that he is not aware of the regulations or he has intentionality tried to grossly overcharge me The latter being the case i will file a form 4 complaint against him


I have paid £406 my liability to xxx council is £346 according to the above regulations there should be no charges on my accounts giving an overpayment of £60

I am now requesting that the overpayment be returned to me within 14 days of this recorded delivery letter


If you disagree with this and think there has been no overpayment please send me a screenshot of my account a breakdown of charges and a copy of your complaints procedure within the aforementioned time


If i do not receive the screenshot of my account an N1 form will be lodged at my local county court for the release of this information



On recipt of this information i will again file an N1 form for any overpayment and costs connected with this against Equita and xxxx council as co-defendants


This letter and a Formal complaint has been sent to the chief Executive of xxxx council





The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992


Link to post
Share on other sites

many thanks for your reply, a letter has already been sent via email and special delivery, along the same lines as the one you mention, although the draft you supplied is much more informative than the letter my daughter sent (wish i had found this site yesterday!). I shall let you know what happens :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

not to worry once you receive the reply we can take it from there


the letter i have posted some of it can be used if necessary for the next letter

you wont get a screenshot because that gives you to much info

info they don't have or don't want you to have as it would include things like what kind of house it was he visited what colour of door etc things he has to fill in to prove he has been at the door


I would send a formal complaint to your councils Chief executive and include a copy of the letter you sent Equtia

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd play the anarchist this time, this is a classic case of what may be the F word and if so I would collect and collate all the information together and when ready would not give them the opportunity to repay but would go straight to Court - after all they give no opportunity for you to pay the correct sums due.


Time & time again we give these people an opportunity to right their wrongs - which they knew they had done blatantly - maybe its time we started fighting back and if a few get CCJ's, Court fines or lose their jobs then maybe the rest of the industry may sit back and think again. Some of these practices have been going on for so long they become an automatic reaction. Apart from changes to fees I don't see much will really change in 2012 despite any promises.



Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running




Link to post
Share on other sites

what a joke - bailiff telling someone they will go to prison? yeah right. On every case I have ever looked at there are 2 or 3 court hearings where in front of the judge the person wilfully refuses to pay anything and even then a suspended sentance can be given out giving the perosn time to come to their senses.


Bailiffs really are ****** liars theives and cheats.

and pt i think you're right, from what I'm reading there won't be much change in 2012 apart from East London becoming gridlocked.


If anyone is overcharged, I suggest giving the bailiff firm 7 days to refund or CCJ them - then they tend to wake up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe one of the most important parts of all this sorry tale and others like it is the role the Council play. They have fobbed their customer off to the Bailiff and appear to have totally washed their hands of what happens. If they had any ounce of compassion they should be monitoring what their contractors are doing. No doubt for a quick query the bailiffs will write back and say all is in accordance with whatever, the Council toe the bailiff line and repeat the same.


Only when questioned further will the truth come out and in this case it appears the bailiff has blatantly defrauded the Council's customer. He will no doubt say it is an error and the monies will be repaid. In this instance that is not enough. Compensation should be paid and not just a token either, the Bailiff in question should be sacked and prosecuted, his Company should be taken to task and at the very least issue a public apology and be warned as to their future conduct, the Council should be reported to the LGO or Audit Commission and the relevant people within the revenues Dept either sacked or retrained.



Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running




Link to post
Share on other sites

what gets me about all of this is that no one capable of doing anything is really interested, when you say the original debt has doubled since it went to the bailiffs, they just say, 'its their fee's', almost as if its totally acceptable (this is what the council said the other day when i told them)


and another thing that has shocked me is that if the bailiff had actually gone to my daughters flat to levy on the goods and taken them away, not only would my daughter have lost a lot of her possesions, but she would still have a debt possibly larger than the original debt, due to the bailiff fee's,


none of it makes sence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

what gets me about all of this is that no one capable of doing anything is really interested, when you say the original debt has doubled since it went to the bailiffs, they just say, 'its their fee's', almost as if its totally acceptable (this is what the council said the other day when i told them)


and another thing that has shocked me is that if the bailiff had actually gone to my daughters flat to levy on the goods and taken them away, not only would my daughter have lost a lot of her possesions, but she would still have a debt possibly larger than the original debt, due to the bailiff fee's,


none of it makes sence.


For whatever reason the Council always appear to believe the Bailiff, as far as they are concerned the debtor has had more than ample opportunity to pay their CT bill so effectively they wash their hands of you. Personally I find what has happened in this case to be a disgrace which is why I have sounded off about it. More practically we need to help you sort it all out.


I note you have the details of the original Liability Orders. I know this may be a nuisance but would suggest you ring the Council again and ask how much is still outstanding and when they passed it to the Bailiff. I would mention nothing at this stage about the Bailiffs supposed fees.


Send the Bailiff the following - adapt to your own needs and send by email & letter:



My Name

My Address



Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House


Ref: Account No: 123456


Dear Sir


With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a Statement of my account including Computer Screenshot. This is not a Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.giflink3.giflink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. I also require the name of the attending Bailiff and the name of the Court he was Certificated at. You are obliged to provide this information.


I require this information within 14 days.


Yours faithfully


Ripped off customer"


Hopefully this will provide the detail of what and when they have charged their fees. If they become very evasive then it would appear they have something to hide and we can take further action.


See what becomes of these before the next steps.



Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running




Link to post
Share on other sites

well today my daughter called the council tax office to find out whether they had received the money that was paid to the bailiff, they have recieved £173 out of the £406 that i paid the bailiff on my daughters behalf. the bailiff is keeping the rest as fee's!! my daughter called equita to ask something and was again told she had to write in as they only take money over the phone.. what a nightmare this is turning out to be.. ive looked at a form on the HMCS website called EX345, and in that form it makes reference to certain bailiffs being able to charge fee's, im more confused now than i was yesterday after reading that form :-?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sassykat.

May I ask why there is a need for you to financially help your daughter? How is she?

Best wishes.



ps: I'm not as nosey as I sound! ;) ]

Edited by RaeUK
type o
Link to post
Share on other sites

some councils don't employ there own staff to collect council tax they contract this work out one of the firms that some councils use is capita which is part of Equita


when you get your breakdown of charges you will have to write to the council and mark it as formal complaint and address it to the chief executive

Link to post
Share on other sites

my daughter is currently on benefits, i helped out because there is no way she could afford to pay that on benefits and the bailiff told her over the telephone that one debt had to be paid off in full, before the other debt of £172 (£405 with bailiff charges added) could be paid by instalments, this is when he mentioned it being a primary debt which she could go to prision for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou hunni.

Then your daughter may fall into the vulnerable category of the National Standards for Enforcement Agents. [see, I'm not really nosey ;) ]

The bailiff - in an ideal world - would have discovered this and passed the case back to the council. Naughty bailiff.

Personally, if you are going to make a formal complaint then include this information. Time and time again we vulnerable people are walked on and ignored.


Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents


Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.


And whilst we're at it, from the Professionalism section: Enforcement agents must not misrepresent their powers, qualifications, capacities, experience or abilities.



Like telling vulnerable people they can go to prison!



Please complain to the council CEO, to your councillor, to your MP.

And when you do complain, if there is money still outstanding, request the council take the case back. Am happy to write a complaint if you so desire.



Best wishes


Edited by RaeUK
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...