jo5ephedward5 v Capital One

jo5ephedward5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted my D.S.A.R to Capital One today

I’m sure most of the outstanding is down to unlawful charges so with some luck it will either reduce what I owe and lower my monthly payments :D

Has anyone that has claimed of Capital One had their account closed? – I hate their charges but I find them useful for the credit file as the have put a tick every month for me even the ones where I was late or over my limit (my bad)

I’ll keep you all posted

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Ok had the standard responce saying info will be provided asap and if i require any further information please request it in writing to their legal department...

...its hand signed (i've never seen this before from a finacial company lol) by Miss Katherine Blunt

I hope they dont take to long sending me the information out - i don't think the claim will be to big £100-150 but every little helps and that will almost clear my ballance.

Had this months statement through today - what a supprise £60 fees lol,

£2.31 over my limit due to their interest, charge £20,

Bounced Direct Debit Fee, charge £20, (also charged £30 for bounce by Nationwide!)

late payment (by 1 day!) charge £20,

So thats £60 from Capital One and £30 from NW - typical that £2.31 + a £6.42 missed Direct Debit that was bounced cost me £90 - i cant wait to get this back!

• 2 weeks later...

Why not? I had no need to do this with Cap 1, but I used the nudge method with LTSB and Citi Cards and received the info before the 40 days expired.

I can't be sure, of course, that my action caused the result, but I think I got my info sooner rather than later.

Elsinore

• 2 weeks later...

Well as of yesterday Capital One have not complied with my DSAR request – I will send a follow up letter voicing my disappointment and grant them an additional 7days before I report them for non-compliance etc.

I really want this one as I’m sure Capital One owe my at least my credit limit in charges!

Hi Jo,

Sounds like an odd angle to take, but it may be with giving them a bell and asking for copies of your statements. Seems to vary from person to person, but I got mine FOC within a week or so. Up to you whether you mention their failure to comply with your SAR though ;)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I may just do that now...seems odd tho as i had a hand signed letter from the data protection officer to say they were working on it withing about 7 days of me sending my DSAR.

Cheers