Westcot help :o(

Saintlvr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

My Husband received a letter from Westcot Credit services Ltd yesterday for a debt we have an arrangement with & are paying still.

It says its a FINAL NOTICE, & despite previous correspondance blah blah, they want full payment or an arrangement made in the next 14 days. Their letter is dated 19th feb, we received it yesterday!

We have had no correspondance from them before, don't even know who they are & the Credit Card issuer hasn't informed us they were passing the debt to them & it refers to a debt that is being paid direct to the credit card issuer & has been for some time, with no missed payments. The CC Company have also been issued with a financial statement & accepted our payment agreement.

They go on to say that they could instruct a door step collector &/or issue a court action for payment including a further £325 in charges!

Can anyone advise the best way to deal with them, i really dont want anyone comming to my home, it scares me to bits, & we can't afford to increase their payment either.

Many thanks

Hi,

I, being the beliggerent one, would immediately write and formally complain about the letter as they have not contacted you before.

I would also let them know that you have no knowledge of any debt being passed on to them and you will continue to send your agreed payment to the original creditor until told otherwise by them.

I would also add to the letter this one:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Once they get back to you with proof of assignment, CCA them (if you haven't done so to the OC already)

DO NOT phone them and send all letters Recorded Delivery.

DO NOT sign anything as yet, just print your name.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Not so much that sort of letter but there is a "prove it" letter here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Letter 18

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, well westcott acknowleged our letter & CCA Request & said that they would suspend all activities on the account whilst the investigation was ongoing ... which didnt happen!! We still received phone calls & when I told them about the investigations, we were told they knew nothing of it & wanted a copy of the letter!! Then they wrote last week & said that "Due to the nature of the issues that have been raised & the fact that we have not been able to resolve this matter the account has been closed on wescotts system. You should therefore, receive no further correspondance in respect of this account from Wescot." It goes on to say that the £1 payment we made for a copy of the credit agreement, will be forwarded to us under seperate cover" As yet we havent received it back.

What does this all mean exactly? that they cant supply our CCA? or what? it doesn't say they have sent the account back to the Credit card company ...

We are STILL receiving phone calls, again when I read the letter saying the account is CLOSED on their system, all i get is that they want a copy of this letter as the account is LIVE on thier system....!!

I have issued them now with two harassment warnings, how do i report them for harassment, its really getting depressing now :(

Typical of Wescot. They don't know their ar*e from their elbows.

Time for a formal complaint to them and also to Trading standards and the OFT

Consumer Direct

Contact us - The Office of Fair Trading

The OFT won't help but will log your complaint with others for when there is enough to give Wescot the slapping they deserve

I have issued them now with two harassment warnings, how do i report them for harassment, its really getting depressing now :(

Report them for committing the criminal offence of harassment to your local Police station. It will be best to go in yourself and speak face to face with them, normally the civilian behind the desk will try to fob you off with 'it's a civil matter', stick to your guns and ask to speak to a senior officer, harassment IS a criminal offence.

One phone call from your local bobby will put an immediate stop to the phone calls, or they run the very real risk of having a criminal record!

You should also complain to the above links SF posted, aswell as Ofcom

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

Telecommunications Act 1984 (c. 12) - Statute Law Database

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!