Housing Benefit Advice Please

the_freedom_trail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am posing this question on behalf of a friend without computer access to the wonderful world wide web lol.

She is currently in receipt of full housing benefit from her local authority which is paid on a four weekly cycle. Shortly she will be leaving her property and going abroad for 12 months. The issue is that she will be moving out on the 19th March and her final housing benefit payment wont be due till the 22nd. What happens in this situation? Will she get her full housing benefit for the four week period less a deduction of the 3 days between the 19th and 22nd and if so will she still recieve her payment on the 22nd? Naturally, she wants to avoid any overpayment issues - should she write and advise the LA now of her forthcoming change in circumstances or leave it till nearer the time?

BTW, I've told her to make sure she sends the notification of change in circumstances by recorded post!

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Kind Regards,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

It can take awhile for things to be processed. If I was your friend I would make sure that I got it in sooner rather than later and check that they have received it and that it's been noted/put on file. Better a bit early than having to deal with it when she is abroad.

Hi as she's moving out of the Local Authority area she currently lves in. HB will be cancelled from the Monday following the date she moves. This being the 22nd, she'll be paid up to and including the 21st. She should receive the payment on the 22nd, I wouldnt have thought her payment cycle will change. CTB will end from the date she leaves the property.

And yes, I agree with the above, if she knows of this change now. Inform the Local Authority ASAP. This will prevent HB being paid beyond the date she moves out (and any overpayments)