Active Capital

liberateus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I haven't been able to keep track of my financial situation over the last couple of years due to sustained illness. I'm now having to bit the bullet and in process of collating all my debts which amounts to many confusing baliff and debt collectors which often relate the same amount (and the institution they were collecting for / had bought the debt from). I was rather shocked to find a Judgement letter in favour of a claimant I have never heard of, indeed had missed any summons and so the court automatically decided in their favour (in September 2008). The judgement against me was for £7,500 and the claimant is Active Capital with an address in Bermuda..

The previous letters from Active do not show what the debt is and who it is dated September 2008. If this is a [problem] then I should not even add to my list of creditors on my bankruptcy form. If anyone had any dealings with AC and know whether they are legitimate or advice on how I should handle this it would be much appreciated..

Many thanks...

Aktiv Kapital are a Norwegian owned debt purchasing outfit so the name is probably unfamiliar as the debt was originally with someone else like Barclays, Halifax etc. They use seperate companies to hold debts from those who collect them but when taking legal action must use the name of the company which owns the debt.

In your case the holding company would be Aktiv Kapital First Investment Limited which is registered in Bermuda but has a UK correspondence address of:-

Merchants House, Hamilton Place, CHESTER, CH1 2BE

The UK registered debt collection company is Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited whose principle place of business is:-

Wells House, 15-17, Elmfield Road, BROMLEY, BR1 1LT

Aktiv have offices on both sites but the Chester office are more likely to have information about litigation cases. If you are going bankrupt I would strongly advise you to include this debt so the Insolvency Service contact Aktiv and put them on notice as this will prevent them attempting to pursue the debt any further. If in the end you do not go bankrupt you may wish to challenge the judgment by applying to set it aside if you were unaware of the proceedings but I suggest you seek advice regarding this first (there is plently on CAG) as there could be costs implications if you were unsuccessful.

KC :)