Jump to content

entitled to any benefits?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi wonder if anyone could give me any advice on behalf of my lil sis. Her and her hubby moved down south, bought a home then decided to move back up here as they were homesick. They tried for a year to sell their home but couldnt so decided to rent it out to cover their mortgage. As they thought they would sell the house down south, they bought a house up here to live in. As they hadnt sold the house and had to pay a shortfall between their mortgage and what they were charging in rent, they couldnt afford to live in the house up here either so have to rent that out as well. So basically they own two homes on interest only mortgages and even though they are rented out, there is a £1k shortfall every month. They were living in my mam and dads tiny 2bed flat for three years - sis was working full time from home and her hubby doing building jobs here and there to pay their mortgages. However my sis lost her job and had a baby she is getting maternity pay which is due to run out soon and child benefit. Her hubby invested all their savings in buying stocks and shares and put them all into one company which has crashed meaning all his money is frozen. I have told them they should be entitled to some benefits but he is proud and wont even look into claiming anything, he thinks as he has the two houses he wont be entitled to anything as they will be classed as assets but I have told him they are probably worth far less now then what he paid for them and as his mortgages are interest only he will make a massive loss if he managed to sell them. Any advice?:?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your sister can claim in her name for her family but her hubby will have to show proof of his income and expenditure for the last 3 months including rental from the properties or if her hubby works 16 hrs or more, which I imagine he does, looking at and pricing jobs etc is all counted as working, they would be entitled to Working tax credits with the child element, they've nothing to lose by making a claim so long as they are honest. I wish her good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...