Joint JSA Claim - Issues

south28m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, me and my partner are on a joint jsa claim.

I am 28 and my partner is 23.

we are both on new deal not (new deal flexy)

we have only recently made the joint application as we also moved areas and only just started living together.

the problem we have is that the job centre want my partner to start a training course on monday for 2 weeks, yet she still has not received any payments from the DWP for JSA yet.

the claim is not fully processed and payment wont take place for another 14 days min so we have been told.

the letter from the job centre makes referece to Section 19(5)(b) of the Jobseekers Act 1995 if my partner fails to attend the course.

now at section 19 of the act it says

[F1 (1A) Subject to section 20A(9), this section does not apply as regards a joint-claim jobseekers allowance (but sections 20A and 20B make, in relation to such an allowance, provision corresponding to that made by this section and section 20).]

My parter is new to the area and such does not know her way around yet, she is fully reliant on public transport and without being in recept of the overdue jsa money (3 weeks overdue) how is she able to get to the training centre and pay for lunch while on the course??

does anyone know of a way to sort this out.

Job centre seems to think, well you have to go on the course and thats that but without taking into account the status of the benefit (not being fully processed / awarded yet and also having no money)