Boots - Price Swapped - Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have no previous criminal convictions and consider myself honest and genuine, but today in boots, feeling under pressure because of work (which is no excuse) and without my wallet I bought a wrap that had a reduced sticker on it wrongly.

I left the shop but was stopped and asked to come inside by the security guard. He told me that as it was such a small offence he wouldnt bother with the police, but banned me from boots for a year and gave me an 'intended civil recovery notice', which he told me would likely cost me £40-50.

Having read these forums what are the ramifications of not paying this fine?

Are RLP a legitimate company?

He told me if I didnt pay bailiffs would come round, is this true?

What are my rights regarding the data protection act? All they took was my name, birth date and current address which will change in 3 months anyway.

What would people suggest is an appropriate course of action for me to take when the fine comes through?

I in no way want any kind of sympathy or abuse apart, but some good sound advice would be appreciated, because Im genuinely worried and upset.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Edited by FleetJonno