Emplymant law/discrimination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone could help me. I am currently on jury service and have been for 3 weeks. Whilst i have been away my workplace has brought someone in above me doing all the roles i have been doing for 10 years. I was not informed about it till the day before he started and then that was only because I phoned work to speak to someone and the manageer took the phone. Can they do this?

The job that has been taken has never been advertised it has been given to the managers sisters boyfriend. I have been doing the role aswell as my own for 10 years like i say.

Im really not happy about this and dont know who to speak to or what to do. I have found out from other members of the team they are saying I have been fiddling my stocks and not doing my role but this has never been raised with me.

Is there anything i can do about this or do I just have to accept it?

Your employer shouldn't subject you to detriment because you are on jury service.

I'd wait until you return to work, and see what the situation is. It's understandable that they've got someone in to cover whilst you're away from work.

If you have evidence that allegations of misconduct are being made against you - but these allegations have never been raised directly with you, then I'd say that would be grounds to raise a grievance.

Well, that's concerning. Pretty rotten given that I'd imagine that being on jury service is stressful in itself (or just boring). Again, not much in the way of practical advice I can give except wait until you go back to work.

I'd put it this way. If they've taken your being on jury service as an opportunity to unseat you from your job, having been there for 10 years or more; then they're likely to come badly unstuck if you subsequently take legal action against them.

You could do. Do you have friends at work who are letting you know what's going on?

The important thing, when you suspect that there might be problems at work, is to carefully keep anything that might be useful as evidence later. Communicate, as much as possible, by letter or email.

Yes and my wife works there two days a week but they have said nothing to her about the situation so she feels a bit uncomfertable. This does not help as she is 7 months pregnant. My friends are the ones letting me know whats going on. Hopefullt will finish jury service this week and be back to work saturday.

As you state the new Man has been give the role you had been doing along with your own........................

Perhaps your employer has realised the role you are doing has grown and is too much for one person.........along with the "extra duties" now given to the new man.......

Providing they are not making you redundant the company are doing nothing wrong.........they can employ whomever they want in a higher or lower grade than your current standing...........and do not have to advertise internally unless there have been recent redundancies.........

Enjoy the fact they are taking responsibilities from you and hopefully not reducing your salary you are about to become a parent i would thank my lucky stars the work load has decreased........................

Contact your line manager or the one you reported to 3 weeks ago anyway and ask him what the score is........dont listen to the rumour mill until you have the facts from your manager................