where next?

m111ked
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi All, I have just joined the forum after visiting other money related websites which recommend this site. I have a number of credit cards which I have had for a number of years and have maintained the payments in good but not absolutely perfect order. as the APR's continue to rise, I feel that the chances of paying them off is being taken further away, especially with all the take-overs with goldfish and MSDW. so I sent a CCA request to one of my creditors to see what response i got...

I have received a response (within the due period), and a copy of a signed application form which I completed in September 1999, it does bear the words: 'credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974' across the top.

my questions are: how to check whether this is an enforceable agreement?

is there a place on the net with the important criteria listed?

where do I go next?

thanks everybody and good luck, I have spent hours reading your other threads today.

Hi m111ked,

Welcome to CAG. If you have access to a scanner you can scan the CCA you have received and post it on your thread (using Photobucket). Ensure to remove any information that will identify you as the 'owner' of the agreement. This helps you to keep your anonimity and prevent other 'unscrupulous' parties that view CAG from identfying you.

Once you have done this, someone who is 'up to scratch' on enforceable agreements will view it and comment on it for you.

Hope this helps:).

Costa

Well there is your first indication that all is not as it should be - it should read "Credit Card Agreement", not "Credit Agreement." To get advice on their enforceability, scan them on to here as advised, covering over your personal details, and start a new thread for each agreement so it doesn't get confusing.

Well there is your first indication that all is not as it should be - it should read "Credit Card Agreement", not "Credit Agreement." To get advice on their enforceability, scan them on to here as advised, covering over your personal details, and start a new thread for each agreement so it doesn't get confusing.

This is misleading - such agreements are credit agreements whether the credit is made avalable with a credit card or otherwise. There is no mileage at all in pursuing this line of thought.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I said that was an indication that all might not be right with the agreement - not that that was the be all and end all of an agreement and that the poster should scan the agreement for advice. I am not that stupid. Read posts properly before you pick meaning up that isn't there and was never intended.

Thank you for your advice, I've done as you suggested, scanned my credit agreement and attached to this email, if anyone has the knowledge to comment on the validity of this credit agreement signed in 1999. It would be appreciated. Subsequent to receving this old cca I have now had a further letter from the card provider and attached to it a copy of current terms and conditions, is this further evidence that they don't hold a current cca?:confused:

cca2.jpg