Bill of Sale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hand written receipts/bills of sale can be contested

What you are referring to is a Statutory Declaration, basically a notice signed by the property/premises owner stating as much and witnessed by an officer of the court/solicitor.

I used one when my G/F moved in (supplied by TT) and old council tax liability followed her, Rossendales crawled back under their stone very quickly

I would agree with spamheed a statutory declaration would be the way to go

this is an extract taken from a book i am reading it does not tell you what formality's and procedures you have to follow it only gives a brief explanation of what a bill of sale is

Bills of sale

these are effectively mortgages on goods In return for minimum loan of £30 from a third party (who may of course be a Friend or relative)

A person gives his/her possessions as security

Various formality's and procedures must be exactly followed for bills to be affective against bailiffs, theses include the way the bill is drawn up and its registration in the high court.

non compliance with these rules means that bill will be void and that the goods are not protected, the effectiveness of a bill differers according to the debt being enforced by distress.

EXHAUSTION,

this cannot be levied on mortgaged goods and interpleader can protect the goods if this happens, if the interpleader is began by the mortgagee ( the person who lend the money), the Court will normally order sale of the goods and divide the proceeds.

MAGISTRATES COURTS

distraint if prevented on mortgaged goods.

LOCAL TAX

distraint on mortgaged good is prevented

INCOME TAX

distraint my proceed as normal.

Hallowitch,

Thank you for the information, very helpful.

I think that I've got a break through, as I may have found someone (not solicitor) who has done this.

I will post when I find out more.

Thanks for your help everyone

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I found some one who is doing a Bill of Sale for me, this person has experience in drafting and registering successfully Bills of Sale at the Royal Courts of Justice. Obviously its not done for free, it depends on the amount of work involved, mine should be completed by the end of next week.

Bill of Sale is different from a Statutory Declaration.

The reason I'm doing this is because its a very powerful document that will help me to protect my possessions (chattels) from bailiffs/creditors and even a Trustee in Bankruptcy!

Obviously I would not open my door to the bailiffs if they come, but will have a peace of mind that my belongings are secured, as they will remain in my house but are 'owned' by a Trusted party (ie relative) for a 'loan'.

I knew that some creditors use the Bill of Sale for their benefit, so I thought that maybe this could be turned around for my benefit.

This is something that the solicitors will not tell you, as I experienced in my situation. The more I learn about the Bill of Sale, the more it makes sense to me, that if you have valuable things in your house that you wouldn't want to risk losing, the Bill of Sale would be the first thing that you should look into.