• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Agreement G E MONEY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What year would your agreement be dated? as trying to see which solicitors they would be using in 2003 ,.. as definately worth a try as if looking active sure they will get active and address the problems they have caused , putting account into arrears from day one ,.. legal robbery ,.. as interest charge each month applied to balance ,..

2004 I took out my loan, but they use a number of solicitors. I just asked GE to tell me which solicitors they had used on my account.

Void - a void contract is one that cannot be performed or completed at all. A void contract is void from the beginning (ab initio - see the Latin terms below) and the normal remedy, if possible, is to put things back to where they were before the contract. Contracts are void where one party lacks the capacity to perform the contracted task, it is based on a mistake, or it is illegal.

and as my account was put into arrears from day one , I was put into a situation were I could not preform the contract as arrears added to balance so contract could not end on the agreed dates in question ,.. it is based on lenders mistake ,..

another thing , if interest rate has changed 15 times , and not once informed about change , payments never increased to cover the changes ,so added as arrears ,.. would i not have to be informed with a option to cancel if i could not afford new payments after change ?

were are all the expert on here , feels like talking to myself sometimes ,..

Your posts are rather emotional. You need to post up a summary of just the facts.

Was this a loan regulated under the CCA1974. If so the Financial Ombudsman should be able to look at if for you.

If not then you need to write to the original lender laying out your concerns and ask them to address them.

You could always write to the papers.. Money Mail will usually feature stories where misdeeds are concerned. GE Money were fined quite substantially in respect of mis sold PPI. If yours was mis sold then you should be able to reclaim.

I think perhaps you were not advised that the cost of the PPI would still need to be met by you even though you werent covered after a certain length of time. Perhaps you were not advised that you could get PPI cover elsewhere for a lesser sum.

Perhaps you were not advised that the policy would provide the original lender with a nice profit ?

There are lots of reasons for mis selling. Identify those that apply to you and write to the original creditor and tell them you want your money back.

If you havent already subject accessed them, then do so. Sometimes things you arent meant to see usually turn up :)

I have edited some of your text. Whilst you may have proof of misdeeds. CAG doesnt.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Your posts are rather emotional. You need to post up a summary of just the facts.

Was this a loan regulated under the CCA1974. If so the Financial Ombudsman should be able to look at if for you.

If not then you need to write to the original lender laying out your concerns and ask them to address them.

You could always write to the papers.. Money Mail will usually feature stories where misdeeds are concerned. GE Money were fined quite substantially in respect of mis sold PPI. If yours was mis sold then you should be able to reclaim.

I think perhaps you were not advised that the cost of the PPI would still need to be met by you even though you werent covered after a certain length of time. Perhaps you were not advised that you could get PPI cover elsewhere for a lesser sum.

Perhaps you were not advised that the policy would provide the original lender with a nice profit ?

There are lots of reasons for mis selling. Identify those that apply to you and write to the original creditor and tell them you want your money back.

If you havent already subject accessed them, then do so. Sometimes things you arent meant to see usually turn up :)

I have edited some of your text. Whilst you may have proof of misdeeds. CAG doesnt.

Hi thanks for your sound advice ,.. yes agree I do get a little worked up over our situation and the many breaches our lenders have committed, the loan was not regulated , but believe I could claim it is I think after reading on this subject for many weeks , but not sure if I prefer it to be the way it is as I will attack/defend with unfair relationship , the below info is excellent option if agreement varied ,..

Removal of the £25,000 limit - the effect on variations to existing agreements

The removal of the £25,000 limit will bring a greater number of loans within CCA regulation and businesses will need to review their processes to determine the extent to which new business is likely to be caught by regulation and the extent to which exemptions may apply. This will be a significant process, but there is concern that not only will the change in the limit affect new business post April 2008 but it may also impact upon existing unregulated loans/hire agreements. The key point is Section 82 of the 1974 Act which governs situations where a loan/hire agreement is varied or supplemented. The effect of Section 82 is that a new agreement is created combining the existing and modifying agreement. Agreements in excess of £25,000 entered into prior to 6 April 2008 will not have been regulated by the CCA but with the abolition of the financial limit, variation of such an agreement can create a modifying agreement under Section 82, which will be regulated. Whether variations to existing loans may trigger Section 82 and create a modifying agreement may depend on the precise terms of the documentation but such triggers may be:

Further advances

Interest rate switches, eg from standard variable rate to a special rate.

Transfer of equity or transfer subject to mortgage where a borrower is removed or added.

Arrears cases where arrears are consolidated into the existing loan.

Release of part of the security or addition to security.

A move from interest only to capital and interest free payments - eg when dealing with a poorly performing endowment mortgage.

Making a one off capital repayment.

Exercise of a payment holiday facility.

The trade bodies have been consulting with the DTI on these issues and the DTI does recognise that there is a problem and, except in relation to further advances, appears to be disposed to use its powers under transitional provisions to deal with it. Organisations will need to monitor this issue as it could impact significantly on the required system changes and future practices.

I am not sure the best route as if I go unfair conditions I can hopefully put right the many wrong's they have committed as this agreement would not be left to a judge to decide if unenforceable , it will automatically be unenforceable regardless what the judge thinks ,.. as the latest interest change was only last year and as it would of needed a new agreement and after the date were agreements are not automatically unenforceable no more

(Abolition of automactic unenforceability (new agreements only)

Edited by michellej1

2004 I took out my loan, but they use a number of solicitors. I just asked GE to tell me which solicitors they had used on my account.

Hi there again ,.. well going to request these detail from G E Money , just to let them know we are not going to give up and intend to fight till the end , well no option now ,.. but on the bright side recieved a nice letter from our friends G E , so must be shaking the right trees and asking the right questions ,.. they kindly say they have "Asked an independent firm of field agents to arrange a mutually convenient appointment with you.The purpose of their visit is to review your current financial circumstances and to assist you in making a PROPOSAL to bring your account upto date"

now that is strange to think we are back at court in 2 weeks time regarding the arrears & suspended warrant for eviction , as we agreed to sell our home to clear account ,.. 10 weeks pass now this after not complying to CPR 31.16 request for underwriters sheet, and why not offer this 10 weeks ago instead of aggressive eviction notices just before xmas ,.. I think they are starting to understand some of my concerns

I was thinking of letting this agent arrange a visit , and as I will be covering the costs , will show him my agreement let him view the fake document with double signatures , advise him I do not acknowledge the debt under this agreement and ask him to leave ,.. then his report back to G E Money will let them know I mean business and that they have a BIG problem (well nothing to lose really , as costs will be wrote off , and if I refuse maybe they can use it against me in court and try and show they are trying to help ,.. sure if agent is shown fake agreement , that offer of help will not be mentioned ,..

Hi michellej1, I have been reading up on your posts and can feel that you must be going through a lot of stress but at the same time can see your determination to fight these people. The Unfair Relationship in my opinion is a very good way forward or so I thought it was. I have received a letter from my solicitor to whom I mentioned many things that I thought would come under the Unfair Relationship route and this was his response.

Loans taken out prior to 6 April 2008 which are for more than £25,000.00 are not covered by the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and its subsequent amendments. Your loan was over £25,000.00 and consequently was above the limit imposed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and consequently your loan is an unregulated agreement and hence the only means to challenge the enforceability of the loan would be under the terms of the general law. It will not be possible to invoke the provisions relating to unfair relationships within the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to assist you in pursuing your claim. The issues regarding an unfair relationship are in place to protect vulnerable individuals such as elderly people or people with disabilities in our opinion. We are acting on a "no win no fee" basis for you and we have to believe that the arguments we are basing a claim on have a reasonable prospect of success. We do not believe that arguments concerning the unfair relationship provisions have a reasonable prospect of success.

I believe the argument which is likely to be the most successful for you is the secret commission argument. As we discussed in our telephone conversation on the 11th February 2010 from the documentation we have received it appears that we are only likely to be successful in arguing that the commission paid by your lender to the broker involved is recoverable. However we will not be making any concession to your lender on this issue in our correspondence. We await further correspondence from your lender and will update you when they respond.

So you see michellej1 you are not alone in this battle :)

Hi michellej1, I have been reading up on your posts and can feel that you must be going through a lot of stress but at the same time can see your determination to fight these people. The Unfair Relationship in my opinion is a very good way forward or so I thought it was. I have received a letter from my solicitor to whom I mentioned many things that I thought would come under the Unfair Relationship route and this was his response.

Loans taken out prior to 6 April 2008 which are for more than £25,000.00 are not covered by the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and its subsequent amendments. Your loan was over £25,000.00 and consequently was above the limit imposed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and consequently your loan is an unregulated agreement

This will be a significant process, but there is concern that not only will the change in the limit affect new business post April 2008 but it may also impact upon existing unregulated loans/hire agreements, if interest rate is varied

and hence the only means to challenge the enforceability of the loan would be under the terms of the general law. It will not be possible to invoke the provisions relating to unfair relationships within the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to assist you in pursuing your claim. The issues regarding an unfair relationship are in place to protect vulnerable individuals such as elderly people or people with disabilities in our opinion.

(Do not agree with that , as sub-prime borrowers are vulnerable) We are acting on a "no win no fee" basis for you and we have to believe that the arguments we are basing a claim on have a reasonable prospect of success. We do not believe that arguments concerning the unfair relationship provisions have a reasonable prospect of success.

depends on the fairness I expect ,..

I believe the argument which is likely to be the most successful for you is the secret commission argument. As we discussed in our telephone conversation on the 11th February 2010 from the documentation we have received it appears that we are only likely to be successful in arguing that the commission paid by your lender to the broker involved is recoverable. However we will not be making any concession to your lender on this issue in our correspondence. We await further correspondence from your lender and will update you when they respond.

So you see michellej1 you are not alone in this battle :)

Hi Frettful ,.. thanks for your reply have added my thoughts above ,it seems to cover unregulated if interest varified and price change , as new agreement would need to be created regulating your agreement

Thanks michellej1, my payments have not changed each month. I have not got a clue what the interest rate is. I am on an interest only mortgage at present with GMAC and my mortgage payments at present are very low.

My loan on the other hand is Variable Interest Rate loan and my payments have not come down one penny since last year Jan 09. They have always remained the same, I would have though that the payments on my loan would have come down with the Bank of England rates but they have not.

I do not know how my lender works out their interest rate, maybe something to do with Libor and I don't have a foggiest what that is either.

If my interest rate has been changed I have never been notified neither have I received a new agreement.

Any thoughts?

Thanks michellej1, my payments have not changed each month. I have not got a clue what the interest rate is. I am on an interest only mortgage at present with GMAC and my mortgage payments at present are very low.

My loan on the other hand is Variable Interest Rate loan and my payments have not come down one penny since last year Jan 09. They have always remained the same, I would have though that the payments on my loan would have come down with the Bank of England rates but they have not.

I do not know how my lender works out their interest rate, maybe something to do with Libor and I don't have a foggiest what that is either.

If my interest rate has been changed I have never been notified neither have I received a new agreement.

Any thoughts?

My loan on the other hand is Variable Interest Rate loan ,... Then you could regulate the agreement ,..

How would I do that?

Loans taken out prior to 6 April 2008 which are for more than £25,000.00 are not covered by the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and its subsequent amendments. Your loan was over £25,000.00 and consequently was above the limit imposed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and consequently your loan is an unregulated agreement

This will be a significant process, but there is concern that not only will the change in the limit affect new business post April 2008 but it may also impact upon existing unregulated loans/hire agreements, if interestlink3.gif rate is varied

You see a new agreement with new monthly payment if interest rate is varied ,.. so it would regulate your loan , as new agreement will be after 2008 ,.. so covered regardless of the amount of credit ,...

• Haha 1

This will be a significant process, but there is concern that not only will the change in the limit affect new business post April 2008 but it may also impact upon existing unregulated loans/hire agreements, if interestlink3.gif rate is varied

You see a new agreement with new monthly payment if interest rate is varied ,.. so it would regulate your loan , as new agreement will be after 2008 ,.. so covered regardless of the amount of credit ,...

Thanks micheelej1, do you have any idea how I could find out if my interest rate has been changed please?

I would request your full statements and this will show the interest and changes throughout the loan period ,.. as a great way to hide the fact interest had changed by leaving the payments the same , and probably adding the little difference to arrears end of each month , which will attract interest ,.. and probably will need clearing at same time as last payment due in the agreement ,..

I would request your full statements and this will show the interest and changes throughout the loan period ,.. as a great way to hide the fact interest had changed by leaving the payments the same , and probably adding the little difference to arrears end of each month , which will attract interest ,.. and probably will need clearing at same time as last payment due in the agreement ,..

Thank you very much, I will do that and also have a sift through someof my statements that I received in my subject access request from my lender, maybe something will pop up there. Thank you for your sound advice michellej1, will let you know if anything comes up

Thank you very much, I will do that and also have a sift through someof my statements that I received in my subject access request from my lender, maybe something will pop up there. Thank you for your sound advice michellej1, will let you know if anything comes up

No problem , good to help each other as one victory could lead the way for others to follow suit ,.. good luck and keep digging ,..

• 1 year later...