Cabot and Court

shaaarn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

Cabot have recently purchased my credit card debt from egg (c.12k). This morning I have received a county court claim form from Northampton county court from Morgan solicitors on behalf of Cabot with official admission forms. (the form does not have a written signature on it, it is typed "MORGAN SOLICITORS XXXXXXXX" instead does this matter?)

This debt had previously been passed to a number of DCA's but I believe Cabot have now bought the debt (they are stated as Assignee on the forms) but it has never escalated this far. I am not in a great financial position and there is little or no income available to pay this debt.

I was about to send a letter to Cabot asking for the CCA regarding this debt and I also wanted to find out how much the debt was bought for. I also wanted to see if I could reclaim mid-sold PPI and the extortionate charges applied. I was then wanting to offer a settlement figure thanks to a family member willing to lend some but not enough money (4k). Can I still do this now that it is lodged at court?

Your time and effort is very much appreciated.

Here is the exact wording on the form-

"the claimant is the assignee of a debt(s) from Egg Banking Plc

Credit Card reference Xxxxxxx,

Notice of Assignment having been given to the Defendant in writing. Despite demand for Paymemt, £xxxxx remains due. The Claimant claims £xxxxx and interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 and costs."

I should also add that in the past a CCA request was made when this debt was being chased by a different agency. The CCA was provided (late) but the DCA passed the debt back to Egg for some reason shortly afterwards. I will post this CCA if you guys would be able to provide an opinion on it's validity.

Can anyone help?

Cabot have recently purchased my credit card debt from egg (c.12k). This morning I have received a county court claim form from Northampton county court from Morgan solicitors on behalf of Cabot with official admission forms. (the form does not have a written signature on it, it is typed "MORGAN SOLICITORS XXXXXXXX" instead does this matter?) - not really you need to acknowledge the court summons on line at MCOL

This debt had previously been passed to a number of DCA's but I believe Cabot have now bought the debt (they are stated as Assignee on the forms) but it has never escalated this far. I am not in a great financial position and there is little or no income available to pay this debt.

I was about to send a letter to Cabot asking for the CCA regarding this debt and I also wanted to find out how much the debt was bought for. I also wanted to see if I could reclaim mid-sold PPI and the extortionate charges applied. I was then wanting to offer a settlement figure thanks to a family member willing to lend some but not enough money (4k). Can I still do this now that it is lodged at court? - forget the cca now send crabot a cpr request, look on the legal forum for details of this request

Your time and effort is very much appreciated.

can a mod move to the legal forum please to ensure that the correct advice is given

Here is the exact wording on the form-

"the claimant is the assignee of a debt(s) from Egg Banking Plc

Credit Card reference Xxxxxxx,

Notice of Assignment having been given to the Defendant in writing. Despite demand for Paymemt, £xxxxx remains due. The Claimant claims £xxxxx and interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 and costs."

I should also add that in the past a CCA request was made when this debt was being chased by a different agency. The CCA was provided (late) but the DCA passed the debt back to Egg for some reason shortly afterwards. I will post this CCA if you guys would be able to provide an opinion on it's validity.

do you mean you havent already posted up the cca to see if its valid???

so you never placed the acc in despute with them! why??

My own fault completely, the CCA came back late and based on the info of other threads on the forum didn't appear 100% correct. The DCA did not call or write after this so I didn't take it further.
as soon as the 12+2 days have elapsed post the acc in despute letter ,i would do that anyway and can you post up your cca please,always best if certain caggers cerebusalert and friends can cop a look at your cca.

then we can start fight back time,cheers:D