Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

absolutely.

I have never thought something so unbelievable could ever happen to me. I work within customer service but the service I have recieved is the worst in the world, I was missinformed, rudely ignored and no one was able to help me.

and this was supposed to help my future. I can't believe I believed.

we actually have this new finance thing at work and guess who it is through? well i do not see myself offering it to anyone.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well BPF is calling me about 4,5 times a day, even today saturday morning. when my friend picked up the phone and said I am unavailable and that they should stop calling me 5 times a day, she hung up. How rude.. i am actually shaking at this moment, could not sleep last night at all.

Well BPF is calling me about 4,5 times a day, even today saturday morning. when my friend picked up the phone and said I am unavailable and that they should stop calling me 5 times a day, she hung up. How rude.. i am actually shaking at this moment, could not sleep last night at all.

Why are they calling you?

I have spoken to them on the phone a few times and they cant wait to get me off the phone

Has this happened to anyone else?

Why are they calling you?

I have spoken to them on the phone a few times and they cant wait to get me off the phone

Well my DD was due 14/04/10 and I cancelled it. Since then they were calling to demand the money. I did not ignore them on purpose, they were just simply calling when I was at work, or busy. I do not want to deal with them on the phone, cause i cannot record our conversation, but when I sent them an email they did not reply.

Do you guys have an email contact for them?

I wish i was in a position to cancel a DD i've already paid the full £6500 in fecking full!!!

This is getting to me to now, i'm starting to think im fecked and have no chance of getting my money back. Why is this so hard! I just dont get it, i've paid for a service im not getting, why cant i just have my cash back for the part of the course i haven't completed!!

I wish i was in a position to cancel a DD i've already paid the full £6500 in fecking full!!!

This is getting to me to now, i'm starting to think im fecked and have no chance of getting my money back. Why is this so hard! I just dont get it, i've paid for a service im not getting, why cant i just have my cash back for the part of the course i haven't completed!!

You can download and complete a claim form at www.pkf.co.uk/advent. I do not know if it is going to help you but it is worth a try. Also I do not know how long it takes to hear from them back either.

I just thought that BPF should demand money from Advent not us. We are not responsible for them going into administration, why should we, poor people, be punished.

Well my DD was due 14/04/10 and I cancelled it. Since then they were calling to demand the money. I did not ignore them on purpose, they were just simply calling when I was at work, or busy. I do not want to deal with them on the phone, cause i cannot record our conversation, but when I sent them an email they did not reply.

Did you call them first to freeze your account.. that would be the same as cancelling your direct debit only they do it and then need you to sign a new mandate.

Also because your account is in dispute they do not withdraw money from your account.. though they did with me and when I called to complain they did offer to send me a cheque which I thought was a bit rich since they took money from my account electronically why could they not send back the same way?.

You can download and complete a claim form at www.pkf.co.uk/advent. I do not know if it is going to help you but it is worth a try. Also I do not know how long it takes to hear from them back either.

I just thought that BPF should demand money from Advent not us. We are not responsible for them going into administration, why should we, poor people, be punished.

You think that barclays have not already done this?

They will get the money back and also charge us for the loan.. I bet they was the first ones in there, dont you worry about it they probably had a clause that paid them first.

May give that a go, however there is no money so i doubt i can get anything out of it.

Also i thought Advent went under Because BPF pulled funding!! Thus its BPF's fault we're all in this mess.

May give that a go, however there is no money so i doubt i can get anything out of it.

Also i thought Advent went under Because BPF pulled funding!! Thus its BPF's fault we're all in this mess.

Its more likely a bit of both.. Barclays told me they paid the full monies upfront for each student so technically the money should have been in advents accounts..

but what I reckon happened was the advent directors skimmed off any extra money each month out of the accounts and left just enough to pay the electric and gas bills, when barclays pulled funding the directors of advent decided the party was over and closed the doors and ran with the cash they skimmed off leaving us and barclays to pick up the pieces.

I am not saying that barclays are victims, but this is typical of the way many companies in this country are working, they claim to be bankrupt and can start working again under a new name next week there is nothing stopping them to do it, and you cant touch them, they have done nothing wrong in "the word of the law". but is it ethical.. no way.

I bet when they knew barclays was pulling funding they got their sales team to pull out the stops getting as many students to sign on and pay up as much as they could up front and skimmed off the cash.

That sounds about rite, it amazes me how easy it seems for people to be getting away with these types of things. The Law really needs looking at i think if this is common practice amoung buisnesses.

Wondering whether i should just now carry on with computeach, it seems highly unlikely i'll get anything back.

Are the things regarding Computeach true i.e. You have to score 98% in a mock exam to get to then proper exam! That just sounds insane!!

Other things like limited reseats (Should you score your 98% and get to take the proper exam)

And your on a time limit, again this seems mad too, as its mean't to be self paced study, you study as and when you have time to. Granted it shouldn't take me a year to complete MCDST, however MCSA and MCSE will really put me under pressure, considering i dont even work in IT.

That sounds about rite, it amazes me how easy it seems for people to be getting away with these types of things. The Law really needs looking at i think if this is common practice amoung buisnesses.

Wondering whether i should just now carry on with computeach, it seems highly unlikely i'll get anything back.

Are the things regarding Computeach true i.e. You have to score 98% in a mock exam to get to then proper exam! That just sounds insane!!

Other things like limited reseats (Should you score your 98% and get to take the proper exam)

And your on a time limit, again this seems mad too, as its mean't to be self paced study, you study as and when you have time to. Granted it shouldn't take me a year to complete MCDST, however MCSA and MCSE will really put me under pressure, considering i dont even work in IT.

I am an ex computeach student.. if you are thinking of going to them with your money for training.. burn your money now and go and do something else with your life.. because thats the same as studying with them.

They will just waste your time and take your money.

I have been recommended a company called QA by my job centre.

you do not pay for all of your courses up front, you pay as you train for each course you want to do.

I looked at their site it is worth looking at to see the difference between these companies and the way they work.. I wish I had not even bothered with advent now I have seen this company.

Hi Guys been following your discussion and everything you're saying is spot on totally agree.

I've just received a letter that's 3 days in a row the same as you guys yesterday shut up and pay up and we have honoured our agreement and cheek of them quoting section 75 cca.

Other 1 saying my complaint will be resolved by 23rd April

Today they are informing me the account that was on hold is now active and if they cancelled the DD THEY will now reinstate it but I didn't trust them to cancel it so I did and I won't be bullied into reinstating anything.

This as far as I'm concerned is now in Dispute I have received no training for 4 months have had nothing but aggro from Barclays Partner Finance who are nothing but a bunch of Debt Collectors.

Matt don't get mad get even 10pack as an ex CT student knows exactly what their like as do the present students seeking legal action against them.

As far as I'm concerned this is now in the hands of a lawyer and legal action will be taken against them stick together guys we will fight this and if I'm going down I'll go fighting not being bullied at the first hurdle to just pay FOR WHAT!!

Their selection of letters are showing how deceptive and manipulative they are in playing with our emotions to extract a result for themselves be aware don't be bullied by them fight back.:mad:

I knew Computeach and Barclays would be in league with each other they just cannot wait to get their grubby fat hands on our money. As far as i am concerned their actions are now tantamount to extortion. If they send people round to your house to try and collect money for a frustrated agreement. It would be outright criminal (Harresment).

Let's look at the facts here

1. Advent was more then likely mis-sold to all of us.

2. Some of us were promised alternative deals when their interest free year was up

3. BPF took too long to nominate an alternative provider who in any case are utter C%^P, and totally unacceptable to us all.

4. BPF dealt with the complaints in an entirely shoddy way just sending Generic letters to nearly everyone who entered into correspondance with them.

5. They are now causing emotional distress to many of us which is affecting our work and home lives, and in some cases myself included physical distress in the form of sleepless nights, panic attacks and depression.

6. The financial ombudsman is ruling in students favour and Hitachi are now offering refunds.

To this end i entirely agree with the above posting Barclays should be raised to the ground as well as all of these other shoddy training providers. What kind of training provider can honestly say they pursue the best outcome for a student when they profit from you doing less......not one!

Couldn't agree more this is exactly how it is Mustard they are devious and should be made to pay damages for what they've done :mad:

I have sent my complaint by email and apparently it works for me as they respond, however via ordinary way.

I don't want to mistype it so check the back of your letters from Barclays Partner Finance - it must be there

Edited by panliberski
oops

Would it be best to answer any phone calls from them with something along the lines of.

This account is now in dispute, I am seeking legal advice and am in communication with the Financial Ombudsman. Until any final decisions via these routes of official dispute resolution any further calls will be recorded and viewed as harraesment by myself.

The email address I have been using to contact them is:

[email protected]

This is the address that Barclays Partner Finance say to use for complaints etc.

However, I have to say that so far, I have not received any emails from them replying to me, just the generic letters.

All my correspondence to Barclays Partner Finance has been via post, with an email sent as a kind of back-up, they clearly will not reply to any individual concerns, probably because there are far too many of us complaining at them!

I do wonder how all this will be resolved, but I shall not be taking up the offer of training with Computeach, whatever happens!

Has anyone chosen to use Computeach as the alternative to Advent? Also, has anyone had any favorable rulings from the FO, other than Hitachi loan people, or had an agreement from Computeach to honour the terms for with we are saddled this this debt?

Computeach seem to be putting the onus on us to prove to them (as our would-be enforced training provider!) that the course was supposed to be self-paced, which is extremely arrogant, in my view, to be treating us students with such contempt, even before we have entered into any agreement with them.

I can't imagine how bad the customer service of Computeach would be if they actually get some of us to sign-up, and get their claws in.

I am an ex computeach student.. if you are thinking of going to them with your money for training.. burn your money now and go and do something else with your life.. because thats the same as studying with them.

They will just waste your time and take your money.

I have been recommended a company called QA by my job centre.

you do not pay for all of your courses up front, you pay as you train for each course you want to do.

I looked at their site it is worth looking at to see the difference between these companies and the way they work.. I wish I had not even bothered with advent now I have seen this company.

Hear what ya saying about them dude, but my monies already gone. Like i say i've paid the full amount already to BPF for my MCSE+CCNA with Advent to avoid the interest. What im saying is if i cant get my money back i may aswell give them a shot as my moneys already gone.

Hear what ya saying about them dude, but my monies already gone. Like i say i've paid the full amount already to BPF for my MCSE+CCNA with Advent to avoid the interest. What im saying is if i cant get my money back i may aswell give them a shot as my moneys already gone.

In that case if you cant get your money back from Barclays Partner Finance.. I am telling you now.. forget about computeach!!!

you will not get anywhere with them.. in a years time you will be as you are today without qualifications and a year of studying wasted.

Thats how bad it is.. they say they will train you, but the time it takes will be so long.. your life is worth more than the money you have paid to BPF

Thing is Matt you may be entitled to a refund of your money if we win this.

and if you commit to CT then they go bust in 6months you'll be in the same boat again.

Also how long have you left of your training cos remember CT are only offering 1 year courses then you have to pay them more for to finish and according to TomBL who posted he worked for them and was instructed to fail students to prevent them from passing to get more money out of them. Don't think they let you pass the mocks.

Have a good think first and if you get refunded you can pick a reputable firm.

I see what you're saying but I think 10pack may be right. If they were ok why are there so many complaints against them already.

Would it be best to answer any phone calls from them with something along the lines of.

This account is now in dispute, I am seeking legal advice and am in communication with the Financial Ombudsman. Until any final decisions via these routes of official dispute resolution any further calls will be recorded and viewed as harraesment by myself.

Hi Mustard,

Yes I'm sure saying that is all they need to know at this stage.

What we've been advised that we are taking legal advice and I'd just say you will be informed at a later date. (fob off payback time)

Think we really need a proper letter template instructing BPF that this account is in dispute needs to be done in writing. See if we can get some advice on this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks