Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

agreed it is a con to try and get us to accept,

Once we sign up they will just follow their standard complaints procedure which is poor, and given all the bad reports from Computeach who in their right mind would sign up with them in the first place. In addition to this i have not received anything from Barclays in writing about this (has anyone?) so it is over eight weeks.

Edited by Mustard2243
error again

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you guys are right there. Once you've said yes to Computeach Barclays will wash their hands of you and if you have cause for complaint later they'll say it was your choice, tough.

I think refusing from day one and contesting their right to force this upon us must be legally justifiable (though waiting to hear that actually confirmed by a solicitor now). If my wall was being rebuild by Bloggs & Co, who went bust, but Barclays arranged for some bloke I'd never heard of to turn up and knock it up for me, would that be acceptable? Especially considering the money we all paid out!

They can shove it and I'll contest it in court if I have to.

I think they'll make idiots of themselves if the FO tells them to refund everyone. Be interesting to see what tactic they used with other companies they helped finance through BPF and then pulled out of, such as Red driving school. Wonder what action their students took?

BPF will have to get us to sign to agree to the new course which i know i won't be signing, also they will have to set up a new direct debit as when our accounts are frozen they had to cancel the direct debit in order for the money not to come out. I won't be signing for that to happen either, the only thing i'm worried about is if they send the big boys to my door.... What then???

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, I have read over the post threads to try and get an idea of what i need to do to get this mess dealt with. Does anyone know what the first step is?

Some positive news though, a friend of mine who was on the course wrote to Hitachi capital (twice) and they have now offered him a £2600 refund. this was calculated by dividing the total cost of the course by the number of modules then subtracting the cost of the modules which had been completed for started. had anyone else had this offer?

As for me, I paid half the loan to Anglo Capital, then transfered the remainder of the loan to Hitachi Capital. What do I do first!!! Help!!

I've just had a letter from BPF saying that the alternative training provider for those of us going through Access2Trade Careers is OLCI Construction Training.

I also have received a letter from that company asking me to call them to discuss etc, etc.

Has anyone else had this? I'm not going to act on it just yet, going to sit on it for the weekend and see what I can find out about the company first...

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, I have read over the post threads to try and get an idea of what i need to do to get this mess dealt with. Does anyone know what the first step is?

Some positive news though, a friend of mine who was on the course wrote to Hitachi capital (twice) and they have now offered him a £2600 refund. this was calculated by dividing the total cost of the course by the number of modules then subtracting the cost of the modules which had been completed for started. had anyone else had this offer?

As for me, I paid half the loan to Anglo Capital, then transfered the remainder of the loan to Hitachi Capital. What do I do first!!! Help!!

Hi TurboPants,

There is another thread that all the guys with Hitachi are on and you're in a better position than us at least they're refunding you'll likely need to haggle a bit. I think it would help you if you had a look there too.

Daily Mirror investigators confirm it's Computeach...how did they know before we did?

Advent Computer Training and Access 2 Trade Careers shut up shop - Investigations

(See small paragraph at bottom of article)

And they must know what they're like too bet they've investigated them at some point. makes you wonder they could at least have put a subtle remark in there.

Lot of good points in your letters. plenty food for thought.

Boosh No big boys will come round you can't get the jail for debt the worst that'll happen is a wrecked credit rating, a county court judgment or debt collection agency and there's a ton of help on here with that. OR we WIN and get it wiped /cancelled/refunded No more worries. smiles all round

When i said big boys, i meant debt collection.

When i said big boys, i meant debt collection.

That looked worse than I meant it Boosh sorry as mustard said if it goes to court

we have a good counter claim. after all Advent have ceased to trade the contract is breached and the Trading Standards lady told me when BPF find a new provider then we have a legal right to refuse that if we find the new provider is not suitable which Computeach is not

ok thanks, sounds like if we all stick together we might have strength in numbers, I guess we just have to wait untill we get the letter and go from there, after reading what people are saying on here, computeach don't sound like their up to the standard that bpf are hoping for, we just need to prove it

False Sales

Falsely stating that a product will only be available for a very limited time, or that it will only be available on particular terms for a very limited time, in order to elicit an immediate decision and deprive consumers of sufficient opportunity or time to make an informed choice.

Have you seen any local shops which seem to display permanent signs claiming that they only have a few stock items left?

If it's untrue then its unfair

from the office of fair trading

check out this CT have already been taken to the oft by TS

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/consumer-regulations/traders/1140/1/

Advent rep said there was limited places and to hurry and sign to be sure of getting a place

Edited by Bluedo

from the original email:

Our aim is to provide guidance and information to enable you to make a fully informed decision before pursing a future career in IT. Any offer of a place on an Advent Training Programme would only be made after your initial meeting as enrolment numbers are limited and based on a selection process.

lol they saw me coming

computeach, don't make me laugh they were one of the first i disscounted when looking for a provider. they make the exam marks so high for a pass they just leave you hanging arround. found out that they want a 80% to 90% pass on the mocks before they allow you to take the real exam. just found out that with prometric the pass mark is 56%. whats their game, the longer you try to pass their mock the more frustrated you become and the more you pay untill you finally give up. money and time wasted. going to refuse computeach when the letter comes and let a4rons solicitor deal with it. can not see us losing the case. what bfp going to do if everyone refuses?

Hi Mantaxi wondered where you'd got to your right it's a joke did you see the guy jim that posted he'd worked for Computeach and they were told to keep peeps back to make them pay more.

I have no intention of going with them and I'm in loads debt now but I can't pay for that it'd feel like I was agreeing to be mugged I think I'll be joining you all with A4ron's lawyer cos not heard from Hausfeld but I think if we have a mass group action it'll have more weight.

So Computeach has already been investigated and found wanting by the Ombudsman (nice find Bluedo)!

Waiting for that letter now. What a bunch of jokers BPF are. Maybe they're anticipating a lot of people saying no but are trying their hand anyway, just to see how many don't really look into this and go for it.

The BF woman on the phone tried to tell me they are a 'major company with a good reputation' when I called. Hmmmm.......

I want some solid information to refuse computeach as a provider and why they are unsuitable and go to the FO about this to have a strong argument against them. I already researched some local courses and for the field I want to enter in IT I only need a couple of solid qualifications which my local college offers. It costs me under 1k to take them both and I would rather do that then the MCSE which I signed due to being told this is a special offer with limited spaces and would definately gaurantee me a job which they will find me 6 to 8 months into the course.

I got my generic letter today (with free spelling mistakes) informing me that I should speak to Computeach.

I will do no such thing - what a joke. I looked into CT before I chose Advent and they were uninteresting in what I was asking. Why on earth would I want to take a step backwards on this.

I've not had a response to my S75 letters yet apart from they are investigating it and I will be due an answer on 1st of April.

I get the feeling the that I'm going to be made a fool of on that date.

This means that if the supplier makes representations of fact during negotiations (which the consumer relies on) and they cause her to enter into the agreement then the 1974 Act states that it will be as though the finance company has made the same promises. This means that a consumer has a potential claim to resind the contract (essentially cancelling it) for misrepresentation (subject to her proving there was a statement of fact, which she relied on and then entered into the agreement) or, if she has lost her right to rescind, claim damages for misrepresentation from the the finance company.

The Student Law Journal: Consumer Credit: Misrepresentation & Negotiations

Savarok The reply to my complaint was a demand for payment

I havent had anything yet maybe Monday.

So then I will call BPF when I get it, and so do I tell them I do not wish to again be a computeach student.. I wonder what they will tell me then?

Can I ask who has got the furthest with their solicitors? and what are their thoughts to being offered training by a company we have not chosen?.

I have been out of work now for over half a year I dont have the money to pay a solicitor to fight this, I really thought I would be in a position to go for interviews by now and that would pay for my loan.

I will not willingly enrol with a company I do not wish to have dealings with and one that I know will only delay my training for a job . :(

from the original email:

Our aim is to provide guidance and information to enable you to make a fully informed decision before pursing a future career in IT. Any offer of a place on an Advent Training Programme would only be made after your initial meeting as enrolment numbers are limited and based on a selection process.

lol they saw me coming

2 good points Mustard "enrolment is limited "and 2ndly" Based on selection process."

I think there's something about the OFT rules that students should be vetted for their capabilities and not just sold the most expensive qualifications hoping to tie us into an agreement we may not be able to complete.

Personally no-one came to see me it was all arranged on the phone and emails and post.

10 pack if we can get a no win no fee with a solicitor then if we win you would be refunded so be able to pay if we lose no fee

Edited by Bluedo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks