Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just to get a general idea of who and how we are been affected by this I have made up a quick 12-question survey. You will find it on the following link

http://questionpro.com/t/ADkWRZG4Mp

You done need to leave any personal info. I will post the results here in about a weeks time.

I don’t do Facebook, so please can one of you please post it on Facebook as the more that takes part the more true reflection it will give. Then I can forward to Watchdog!

Thanks all.

Conor

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am in the same situation as everyone else very p***** been going through everyones comments which are helping but I had a financial agreement which was done through Advent which are called Anglo Capital but I am having problems trying to find out who they are a can't find them listed any where does anyone know who they are and have they a telephone number for them.

Thanks

Just google Anglo Capital ltd follow the links there's an interesting 1 saying

access 2 Trade careers is a trading name of anglo capital and they're an Israeli finance co. but don't know if it's right

Anglo Capital are Advent and Access 2 Careers is Anglo Capital's new trading name.

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 07/12/2009 ANGLO CAPITAL LTD

If you want money back from them you will either have to wait for the insolvency practitioner and see what you are allotted (which probably won't be much).

Or launch a court case. I had an agreement with Anglo too. Maybe we could band together?

It's very confusing all these name changes do you think this is right........

Access 2 Careers Ltd Incorporated 15/10/04

Anglo Capital Ltd name change 7/12/09

Advent Computer Training Ltd date incorporation 14/08/2002

Advent Consulting Ltd date of name change 7/12/09

I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow and I'm trying to get as much info as I can find and I'll share it here anything that can help.

The more you dig the more corrupt it's looking

And Barclays will definately be insured against Advent going into liquidation

hi there,

i'm lost i'm really lost, i don't even know where to start... i'm with advent and anglo capital agreement since april 09 paying DD and i've got two books from them... sounds a bit funny...

what should i do first? cancel my DD or wait for contact from anglo capitals.. or however they're called now...

i went through the forum but found two different addresses of anglo capitals and the one i have on my agreement is different from those two, so which one is true one? please give me an advice, where should i start?

(sorry if my english isn't good enough, i'm not english)

Yes krissa you need to stop your DD as an Anglo Capital customer or should i say ex i have niether been informed or contacted in any form by the company to tell me they are gone so i would stop everything because anglo capital is advent therefore there is no existing contract because as soon as they went into liquidation the contract became nul and void under section 75 of consumer act and is an act of fraud if they tried to take payment from that date although i dont know how true but i read on another forum that one of the directors was trying to start another company with the advent name but has nothing to do with i t

hi there,

i'm lost i'm really lost, i don't even know where to start... i'm with advent and anglo capital agreement since april 09 paying DD and i've got two books from them... sounds a bit funny...

what should i do first? cancel my DD or wait for contact from anglo capitals.. or however they're called now...

i went through the forum but found two different addresses of anglo capitals and the one i have on my agreement is different from those two, so which one is true one? please give me an advice, where should i start?

(sorry if my english isn't good enough, i'm not english)

Hi and welcome.

Agree, cancel the DD.

It has been reported that Anglo Capital, (Access to Careers Ltd as they are called now, has ceased trading as well.) If that is the case, in theory the administrator could demand payment from you, however as they would also have the responsibility of find a new training provider for you, they have a problem.

Stop paying until it's clear what the situation actually is.

David

On Jan 11th 2010 a company called Ten UK Limited (owned by Advent Directors) was renamed Ideas for Careers Ltd.

This could be the vehicle that the Advent Directors use to start again. Without the debts of course, but with the posh cars and houses.

It will buy the assets of Advent for a nominal fee, as Advent has no assets.

Registered at 5 the Mews.

Thats a scary thought but so possible...

Barclays shoould just arrange for the Open University to continue our thaining then we would at least know we are not gonna get screwed..

You know I would not mind if it was open university at least I know the materials will be good and there will be support. I'd love to take the course up with open Uni if they did similar thing and a degree is so worth it.

However its unlikely they will go to open university we signed for a particular qualification and they will find a provider that does it, not a degree :'(

hi guys

i'm just from the bank, i cancelled DD to Anglo Capitals and don't want any other courses offered by them or any other training company i thin that's enough for me and my family...

do i still have to write a cancelation letter to Anlglo capitals, what do you think???

On Jan 11th 2010 a company called Ten UK Limited (owned by Advent Directors) was renamed Ideas for Careers Ltd.

This could be the vehicle that the Advent Directors use to start again. Without the debts of course, but with the posh cars and houses.

If you look back to post #86 you will find many of the companies they have listed.

That's the trouble with a long thread.

david

If you look back to post #86 you will find many of the companies they have listed.

That's the trouble with a long thread.

david

Thanks for the info.

I checked Ten UK ltd says it's active incorporated 25/01/10

co. no. 07135103

I'm just so confused with all the name changes their a bunch of frauds and will do all this again

Afternoon all,

I keep getting fobbed off from one person to another & I'm getting pi**ed off with it now! To start with I spoke to RBS, who I've got the loan with. They said they had to stick to the rules set by the Learning & Skills Council, & there was nothing they could do apart from speak to them. I rang L & S C & they said that wasn't true, but to put it in writing to them anyway & hey'd get back to me. That was last week & I had to ring them back today as I'd heard nothing. Today they told me that Advent hadn't been registered with them since 2008, & I'd be receiving an email from L & S C advising there was nothing they could do & seek legal advice THANKS!!

I then rang RBS again, who said basically I owe them the money, not advent, & it isn't their fault if I haven't received what advent promised me.

With that I then rang Barclays Partner Finance, who told me they were looking for an alternative provider. When I suggested I didn't want another course provider, she said that's the agreement they had signed & there was nothing I could do about it! The only way they would cancel the agreement was if they couldn't find another provider.

Surely there must be a way out of this??

Has anyone spoke to a solicitor? That's going to be my next port of call I think.

Hi All, first post here.

I sponsored training through Advent with for wife and have a Fixed-Sum Loan Agreement with Barclays as the finance, so in a position like many others on here. I have been reading the forums and it has been very useful, thank you all for your hard work and efforts.

I contacted Barclays last week to find out what what happening and was told they are looking for another training provider.

Contacted them again yesterday to freeze my account until this matter is resolved.

Contacted them again today to ensure that my account was frozen, was told that it had not yet been actioned. I also asked if a letter was sent out to confirm when it had been frozen and was advised that nothing went out automatically but I could request one be sent once the account was frozen (so I did that).

I also asked where in my contract it said that Barclays can choose another provider for me. I was told that it doesn't actually say it in the contract but under section 3 (key details), which says "If the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplier has gone out of business, you might still be able to sue us.", they are trying to fulfill the agreement.

I then advised that I would not be happy with another supplier due to these unpleasant circumstances and asked what I need to do for a refund. I was advised to write a letter explaining my request to Customer Relations, Barclays Partner Finance, PO Box 3979, Glasgow, G51 1YL.

I am now in the process of writing a letter quoting the CCA 1974, Section 75 and using the Time of Essence as well to get a response within 7 days.

I would urge any of you who have frozen your accounts to check that it has happened. And anyone with a FTL with Barclays wanting a refund to all write in and request it.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

People with Anglo Capital agreements should cancel their direct debits immediately!

Also reclaim the amount paid for February since they are not allowed to take it! Advent / Anglo Capital / Access 2 Careers have stopped trading.

Save your money, I doubt you will get any letter from anyone. And if you/we do then we have a point of contact and someone to chase for the money.

My philosphical approach is 'at least I won't have to pay the full £9,300' which it would have been in total.

And what is this about Advent not being able to afford an Insolvency Practitioner? Why don't the directors sell those assets they nicked from the Mews building!?

This Advent agreement will be the first and last I ever sign up for. It's just not worth it. It's obvious that my money wasn't being invested in the company (majority of study materials were word processed with clipart pictures and printed on low quality paper) and was going either directly into the Directors' pockets or to Stourbridge Rugy.

Half the study materials had spelling and grammar mistakes too. Just a really shoddy job. You'd think with millions of pounds they could at least use spellcheck.

I have been contacted by my local trading standards officer and I am starting to feel more postiive about everything.

He has told me that it does not matter that I had settled payment early (something we already know) and that it will be MY choice whether to accept another training provider or demand a refund. This is from the trading standards whom all companies who offer credit have to be licensed by. So its come from quite a reliable source.

He also said to include on my letter that the content of this letter is based on advise from trading standards which should add some weight.

you said the same words as my brother David, wait for a while and see what happens, then if you get contacted by anyone, you see where it comes from

That's Davids for you:grin:

That will hold it for the moment.

David

You would appear to be referring to these people, who I've found after some Googling.

We can help you find your ideal career | Ideas for Careers

I wonder if this will result in some kind of reincarnation of Advent.

I'd be quite happy to continue my training with a relaunched Advent as I was impressed by the way they were conducting their training courses, and the last two text books they sent me were quite good.

However, if this proves not to be possible, then I will pursue Hitachi Capital for a refund, as I understand to be my right under the Consumer Credit Act.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks