Uk threat level from a terrorist attack moves back to severe.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way!? Damn! Actually, I heard countries are actually closer than you think...pilots just fly aeroplanes around longer to make you think they're far away. Governments, mapmakers, they're all in on it, man. The CIA put tiny cameras in ham, they're called 'hameras'. This is true! I even heard that Europe has reintroduced the death penalty to silence its opponents.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and... and, and... I thought earlier, something else. You know that snow weather that we had, with all the snow and stuff, right? well that was ALL that was on the news, leading all the time, and I reckon, right, that it was all a cover-up, like, cos they don't want us to know what they were up to during that time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and... and, and... I thought earlier, something else. You know that snow weather that we had, with all the snow and stuff, right? well that was ALL that was on the news, leading all the time, and I reckon, right, that it was all a cover-up, like, cos they don't want us to know what they were up to during that time.

Give me some of those pills! :p

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

You and Tez really make me laugh :)

I really did laugh out loud at the tin foil and snow ones :grin: Love it! :grin:

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Yo, Tez! I'm going to Brighton tomorrow for a couple of hours... Fancy putting a face to the avatar? (I'm warning you, I am no oil painting, but so far horses haven't bolted when I appear, which count as a positive in my book)

Yo, Tez! I'm going to Brighton tomorrow for a couple of hours... Fancy putting a face to the avatar? (I'm warning you, I am no oil painting, but so far horses haven't bolted when I appear, which count as a positive in my book)

Ordinarily that would be delightful, but I'm currently out of town until the weekend. Another time, certainly.

Be careful in Brighton, though, I hear it's full of stinky hippies and liberal vegetarians who read books and campaign on civil liberties and stuff. A most unbecoming crowd, if you ask me...

Ordinarily that would be delightful, but I'm currently out of town until the weekend. Another time, certainly.

Be careful in Brighton, though, I hear it's full of stinky hippies and liberal vegetarians who read books and campaign on civil liberties and stuff. A most unbecoming crowd, if you ask me...

I heard Hitler is living out his retirement down there. :eek:

It's ok, I'm going to Fabricland (Western Rd), it's a well-known fact that stinky hippies and liberal vegetarians are too busy campaigning on civil liberties to know how to sew.

There is a shop a bit further down that sells incense and owls from Bali and dreamcatchers stuff though. I just knew I was right to give it a wide berth.

I take it Superdrug down there DO sell ordinary bath salts, yeah?

I take it Superdrug down there DO sell ordinary bath salts, yeah?

Yup. You'll find them alongside the eco-friendly, recyclable, low-carbon, dolphin-friendly, vegetarian, handmade, natural ingredients bath salts. Sold by capitalist drones to filthy hippy vegetarians. Or something.

Actually, if you're in Western Road - and something of a foodie - it's always worth popping into Taj. They're pricer than the supermarkets, but have everything from halloumi, almond milk and kalamata olives to fresh herbs, sweet potatoes and plantain, along with just about every spice known to man. Beware though, it's a dangerous place to shop. I've become trapped in there many times before, unable to leave without purchasing large amounts of exotic foods which I've subsequently had to invent recipies around.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

Why didn't the shoe bomber use the plane toilet? Why didn't the pants bomber use the plane toilet? Why did they sit in front of passengers lighting matches? :rolleyes:

Well, back to the thread then. That question really is some chestnut isn't it folks? I can't help but notice that even Tez is completely tongue tied for an explanation for once. Hardly surprising when there isn't one. Not one involving terrorism anyway. Crazy meteorological theories aside, they sure had those body scanners speedily ready to wheel out didn't they? :rolleyes: As for Yemen, they sure got the intelligence in quick to call it 'an incubator for terrorism' didn't they. I thought it would have taken several months for that sort of thing, but what the hell! :lol:

P.S. I just want to state for the record that there is no oil, I MEAN NO OIL WHATSOEVER, in Yemen. :rolleyes::D

Ah...my new morning ritual. Wake up, shower, dress, flick on PC, make tea, return to PC, open CAG, smile at renegotiation bumping hir own threads - often by quoting hir own posts - in the hope that persistence equals credibility, that persistence equals credibility, that persistence equals credibility, etc.

1260893386tin-foil-hat.jpg

Remember folks, TEH TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!1!

As for Yemen, they sure got the intelligence in quick to call it 'an incubator for terrorism' didn't they. I thought it would have taken several months for that sort of thing, but what the hell! :lol:

Yemen has been a troubled area for years. Simply because it doesn't make the news doesn't mean it isn't the case. My brother was blown up by a rocket in Yemen as far back as 1994/95, and had to be evacuated by boat before getting air-lifted from Djibouti back to Paris (couldn't be airlifted directly from Yemen as the helicopter would have ben shot down).

So intelligence may have been anything, but "quick" is one term you can't apply there, sorry. ;-)

Ah...my new morning ritual. Wake up, shower, dress, flick on PC, make tea, return to PC, open CAG, smile at renegotiation bumping hir own threads - often by quoting hir own posts - in the hope that persistence equals credibility, that persistence equals credibility, that persistence equals credibility, etc.

woah Tez, you look ROUGH in the morning!!! :shock: Edited by Bookworm
TeZ, not TeX!!!

Your moggy looks very miserable. I think it's marvellous that you keep posting, yet despite seeming to have an answer to everything under the sun, are utterly unable to even begin to address the plane toilet issue. I am in stitches. :lol: All you can do is make silly off topic posts. Oh well, 'plane' for all to see eh... :D

P.S. Make sure you keep your headgear on when you pass through the body scanners... :p

it's not being unable to (well, for me anyway), it's more a "can't be bothered". Rehashing ancient conspiracy theories bores me stupid, and it's a waste of time anyway, as CTs never ever believe a word of what one says, as by definition they are sure to have seen the truth and the rest of us are blind or brainwashed.

So I correct what is easily checkable (like the facts about Yemen) and ignore the yawnable. That's me, can't speak for Tez though.

Right, I'm off to catch the train to Brighton, see you later. If UFOs don't take me for experiments on the way that is. (in which case, poor them, that's what I'd call false result due to faulty data if they think humanity is all like me!!! :lol:)

pmsl that cat looks so peed off!

All you can do is make silly off topic posts.

Of course. Absolutely. What's that word, again? Hypo-something...

woah Tez, you look ROUGH in the morning!!! :shock:

Well, somebody does, yes. I've no idea who the chap is, he just appears as a top hit when you Google image search for 'tin foil hat' so I filched his image for my own evil purposes. That, and the cat's expression was too priceless not to use.

it's not being unable to (well, for me anyway), it's more a "can't be bothered". Rehashing ancient conspiracy theories bores me stupid, and it's a waste of time anyway, as CTs never ever believe a word of what one says, as by definition they are sure to have seen the truth and the rest of us are blind or brainwashed.

Nail. Head. Hit.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

To retouch on the threat topic again (no, not the tin-foil-hat-wearing-repetitious-shoe-bomber-conspiracy-topic, the other thread topic), one of the real problems, as far as I see it, is that the Terror Threat Level appears to be little more than an arbitrary value.

It might be that the level is wholly justified, and dicated by genuine risk (or at least genuine expectation of risk), but the secretive nature of MI5 and the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre who are jointly responsible for setting the level means the public are rarely privy to any of the data that leads to their decision. The result, rather predictably, is mistrust; a perception that this level is being set for political reasons.

Ok, so CAG is a tiny cross section of the national demographic, but just out of interest does anyone here take the Terror Threat Level seriously?