Is this legal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For a DCA to send NOA letters and pretending that it has originated from a bank or CC company. Why can't the OC send it, they also can't supply a CCA. I keep receiving bogus NOA letters instead

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Would this be Lowells or 1st Credit by any chance?

Who is the Original Creditor?

and how old is the account.

Have you ever recieved a default notice/termination notice?

Are they saying the have been assigned the debt or they have been sold the debt?

When did you last make any payment towards the debt and to who was this payment made?

Quite a few DCAs do this. The OC will probably claim such letters are valid. (It is likely that the OC has given the DCA permission to do this and has probably even supplied the necessary logos).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

capquest with BOS and Marbles logos, who apparently have bought the debt from 1st credit who Im not sure were either acting for or had bought the debt from Marbles.

I was making monthly payments until they started messing me about by telling me that I was paying wrong person and then changing account numbers, it is now with Capquest,

I have received no termination notices, I CCA them in July because I was getting so confused over who I was supposed to be paying.

When I get some money I'm going to SAR Marbles as I want to look at any defaults or Termmination notices.

I have put the account into dispute until they can prove once and for all that they own the debt and Im not willing to accept bogus NOA as proof.

Guys tell me am I doing the right thing or should I just start paying Capquest who have also offered substantial discounts that I have ignored.

Capquest have also started adding charges on this was before the discount offer the mind boggles.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

It just shows how stupid these cretins really are.

Worst Credit send me a cut and paste notice of assignment purporting to be from a bank.

Threee major problems with it

1. They used the wrong bank heading

2. They left all their own identifications on it

3. The squiggle they used for a signature was the same as one sent with another cut and paste job for another bank.

Oh yes and the notice wasnt served in accordance with S136 of the Law of Property Act 1925.

By the time they got round to sorting their falsehoods out the alleged debt was Statute Barred.:D

Just noticed that on the rear of one of their threatograms is an invite to pay your alleged debts by credit card thus getting into more debt, plus the fact that they will charge 2% on top for the privilege greedy barstewards.

I have decided to report them to the OFT for not supplying a CCA what is the best way to do this, by post or on-line?