new problem with philips bailiff company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

i have a new problem with philips bailiff recovery agency over an unpaid penalty fare on the train that i wasn't even aware had gone this far.

i got a letter through this morning dated the 5th of jan but received on the 14th. the bailiff company has added £200 in fees to this and i've asked them to send me a breakdown of this so god knows when i'll receive this. i do know that this includes a £75 admin fee. also the bailiff hasn't even visited my property yet it seems like they are charging in advance for something that hasn't even happened yet.

i tried to argue with them over the dates about receiving the letter but it wasn't their problem and the law states that they can add the fees. also according to them the bailiff doesn't even need a wpo to apparantly break in to my property to seize my goods.

any ideas or tips please how i can go about dealing with this bunch

they claim to have sent them but i haven't yet received any, i knew there would have been a date set but i was waiting for them to inform me and now i have a bailiff chasing me who seems to think its ok to charge me £200 each time he visits. plus they appear to be doing this in advance

have you moved since the offence, do you have problems with your mail?

you could go and make a statutory declaration at your local magistrates and hopefully, providing there is resonable exscuses for not recieving the original letters, your fine will be recalled back to the magistrates

i haven't moved but i do have a lot of problems with my mail. i'm going to phone the magistrates today and see if the dates match up between the case being passed and the letter being sent

A simple Statutory Declaration can be sent to the Magistrates Court and if accepted, this will cancel the fine and all bailiff fees.

So few people are aware that they can file a Statutory Declaration. If for instance the fine had been for a speeding offence and all notices had been sent to a previous address, then by filing a statutory declaration ( if accepted) this will cancel the fine, any endorsements and any bailiff fees paid.(In your case this was not applicable).

A Statutory Declaration can be filed AFTER paying a bailiff but it is important to be aware that the person has just 21 days from becoming aware of the fact to file a stat dec. This is NOT becoming aware of the fines........it is becoming aware that all documents had gone to a previous address !!

In cases such as this, the court would repay the court fine and it is the responsibility of Marston Group/Philips etc to repay the bailiff fees.