• Tweets

• I think his point is renewing his season ticket shows it wont happen again. using contactles doesnt.
    • Thanks dx for your guide. Yes, I will use their services, but not often. I usually spend around 80 per month, but the season ticket price is 160. I plan to renew it as long it could help me to show that I will not do it again.
    • if you are going to be using its services yes if not no. STOP PANICKING........ yours is not the next move. dx  
    • You could try this and include a copy to the SRA who are being particularly tolerant to this bunch of jackapes. This also shows that you are not to be messed with and are capable of stirring up trouble for them when they step out of line. Dear DCBL, I am in receipt of your letter of 18th April 2024 regarding CPR1.1 After studying the whole section I cannot see anywhere that I am required to furnish you  with my mail address or my phone number. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide me with a reference to it. I suspect that your subterfuge is designed to allow you to bombard uninformed litigants with last minute information on the day of their Court case which appears to occur at times with your company. I notice that you are asking for proportionality at the same time as you are demanding  an unlawful £160 when you are aware that under PoFA the maximum that can be demanded  is only £100. You will note  that I have included the Solicitor's Regulation Authority into our conversation in order to ensure your reply. And your old excuse of "admin. error" is surely wearing a bit thin even with the SRA. so I look forward to an apology for your error and a declaration that you will desist from trying to hoodwink other motorists in future.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Carrera74 v Lloyds TSB

Carrera74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well after much debating whether I should or shouldn't I sent my first letter to the Customer Services Department yesterday requesting my statements. The final straw came a couple of weeks ago after I had contacted my bank and asked if they would increase my overdraft temporarily (til next pay day) as I knew I was going to be a bit short for direct debits that were due out. They said no but would give me a loan!!!! Decided against this and received a letter from my bank saying that they were taking nearly £300 out of my account this month due to the direct debits being knocked back and going over my overdraft. I'm not a happy bunny :mad:

Well I hope I can get some of my excessive fees back but am worried I may have missed the boat. Also feeling a bit nervous about this and hope I am not the first to be told no!

Data Protection Act request sent 03/08/06

Statements received 08/09/06

Prelim letter sent 12/10/06

Letter before action 27/01/07

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know just how you feel but the time has to come to say to them enough is enough, I'm sick to death of the monthly charges that land me further in debt and I'll be buggered if Lloyds are gonna make me bankrupt!!

Good luck and keep us informed on your progress

• Confused 1

Marie

:-x

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who f**ks up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 16.08.2006 - let the waiting commence!

Papers received - calculate I am owed £3757.50!!

Prelim Letter sent 12.09.2006

No response to Prelim - LBA sent 2.10.2006

No response to LBA - completed Moneyclaim (too skint to send it at present)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I sent my statement request letter on 3rd August and followed this up 2 weeks later with an email only to be told it had gone to the wrong address (I'd sent it to the Gresham Street one) so I sent another letter to the correct address at Birmingham on 17 August. Sent a reminder via email a couple of days ago and have just received an email saying that customer services will look into it with the Copy Statement Unit. Wish I'd sent this recorded delivery now as sent my first letter over a month ago. Got a feeling I'll be fobbed off again :S

Hi Carrera,

Irrespective that the letter went to the wrong address, the 40 days from the point of your first letter is still relevent. Get back to them and let them know the clock is ticking :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Carrera,

Irrespective that the letter went to the wrong address, the 40 days from the point of your first letter is still relevent. Get back to them and let them know the clock is ticking :)

Really? even though I didn't send it recorded? And here's me thinking that the Customer Services dept were being helpful looking into it for me and then advising to send it again to a different address!!

Think a call to their Customer Services dept is in order!

As Reload says, it does'nt matter where you sent it so long as its a registered business address of the company you are making the request to. You could send it to any of their offices - or any branch for that matter - and it would be valid. The only problem I can forsee is that you did'nt send it recorded. If it was "lost in the post" you'd have nothing to prove it was ever sent, so it could'nt really be enforced. That said, I'm sure it won't come to that - they're very busy at the moment apparantly (;) ) and they may just need a gental nudge. You are welcome to use my Data Protection Act 'gental nudge' letter if you like. Its worked every time for me so far. (Yes, I did have my tongue firmly attached to my cheek when I wrote the second paragraph!:D )

----------------------------

(YOUR ADDRESS)

Penny Berryman

Senior Manager

Data Protection Dept.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

The Pentagon

48 Chiswell Street

London

EC1Y 4XX

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: **********

You have, to date, failed to comply with my Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request. This request, dated (**/**/**), was sent to (THE ADDRESS YOU SENT IT) by first class (recorded) delivery on (**/**/**), along with a cheque for the statutory maximum fee of £10. Please find a copy of the Subject Access Request enclosed with this letter (along with a copy of the proof of postage).

The 40 days allowed for compliance will expire on (**/**/**). As a reputable and esteemed organisation, I trust that you take your legal responsibilities seriously and that you intend to fully honour your obligation to provide me with the information that I have requested, within the required period.

However, I wish to make clear that should you fail to comply, or fail to comply in full, I will seek a court order under section 7 and 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, obliging you to do so, together with damages at the discretion of the court. Furthermore, I will file an official complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, as well as the Financial Services Authority.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

If you do use it, don't forget to attach a copy of the SAR

• Confused 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Yep. You gave them the Subject Access Request - irrespective of whether it was their Data Protection department, the Customer Services centre, or even handed it in to a branch - you gave it to them. What they do with it in the meantime of the 40 days is entirely up them - however, they must give you the details you request within those 40 days. Especially as they confirmed they received it, they haven't got a leg to stand on if you need to complain to the Information Comissioner.

• Confused 1

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks both for your advice :)

Got home tonight to a battered A4 envelope and lots of statements inside - going to tackle them later once I get over Hollyoaks! hehe

And they'd received the request on the 10th so obviously received the first letter - mr customer services gave me the run around!!! not to worry got them now

Excellant news! Onwards and upwards with the next stage then.:D

Keep us posted.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just worked out my payments to the TSB over the last 6 years and it works out at £1265.00!! I’ve included unpaid direct debits and also overdraft excess fees. I had a few other charges for £15 but I have no idea what these are so going to leave them out. I’m going to send the preliminary approach for repayment letter on Monday but just wondered if it matters on the breakdown in which order the penalties are listed. I’ve listed the earliest ones first – is this okay?

Earliest ones first is fine :)

I'll be doing the same with my round 2 effort when the statements come in.

My LTSB account has'nt got an O/D so I'm not entirely sure, but probably not. Is the fee a set amount payed every month for the normal usage of your overdraft? Then no, becouse its a legitamate service charge. If its any sort of penalty for going over the limit or anything like that, then yes, its reclaimable.

There's only 2 of them at £25.00 each which makes me think it's a penalty. Think I may leave it out to be on the safe side.

I noticed on someone elses thread that they were included in their calcs but haven't seen it on anyones apart from that one.

Probably a penalty then. Check with someone else though, to be on the safe side.

Hi carrera74, I added them to mine (also only 2 right at thwe beginning of the 6 years) and no one has mentioned anywhere along the line that there might be a problem.

Saj x

• Confused 1

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Data Protection Act letter sent recorded delivery 15.5.06

Compliance 1.06.06

PAR letter sent recorded delivery 7.06.06

1st denial received 13/6/06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery 21.06.06 (received 22/6)

Moneyclaim filed 7/7/06, Served 15/7/06

Allocation questionaire returned 28/8/06

Court date 1st December :lol:

SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY IN FULL 5.10.06

Thanks Saj :) Mine are at the beginning too. Think I'll add them on - I'm sure they'll let me know soon enough if there's a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question and I'm sure the answer is in the FAQ's so apologies but I've looked and can't seem to find it but where do I send my request for payment letter to - the same address I sent the statement request? This one?

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Customer Service Recovery Centre

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3AZ

Thats the one Carrera.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received a response this morning (exactly 2 weeks after they received my letter)

Dear Carrera74

I am just writing to let you know that we've received your complaint - and to say how sorry I am to learn that you're unhappy with us.

You have my assurance that we will investigate the concerns you have raised with us - this may take a little time but I would expect our enquiries to be complete within the coming 2 weeks. We will then be able to respond in full to your complaint and at that stage, I hope, resolve matters between us.

In case you haven't received a copy of our leaflet called 'How to voice your concerns' I've enclosed one with my letter. This tells you all you need to know about resolving your complaint with us.

Yours sincerely

Sian Scrase

Am I right in thinking I send the 'letter before action' letter now - I don't need to wait another 2 weeks for them to investigate?

Thats right. Its they who owe you money, so its you calling the shots. Stick ridgedly to your timetable, and take no notice of their standard template replies. Send the LBA, then be ready 14 days later to file the court claim.