Tricked into to paying full and final settlement twice by Lowell (Red) Collections

TELLall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I am new to the forums and searching the web this seems like the best place for my questions :-)

I agreed with a creditor (Lowell (Red)) in August to pay a debt in full and final settlement at a reduced rate with a reference number: 11 (Changed for ease)

Paid the amount and received a letter with reference number 11 showing a nil balance. They said it was for a HSBC debt.

In December I received a letter from a creditor (Lowell (Red)) with reference number: 22 and I made an agreement to pay full and final settlement on my debit card which I have done today. The said it was for an Abbey debt.

Tonight whilst sorting the paper work I found a letter from a solicitor from 2 years ago chasing the debt and it clearly shows both reference numbers above belonging to 1 debt only!

So I have already paid in August full and final settlement... and now today I have paid the same debt again in full and final settlement!

Looking into it more it looks like every time they write they change the reference number.. but it definitely is just 1 debt!

I am looking for help on the following:

1: Can I call the bank and cancel the payment from today... I did agree for it to be taken, but not knowing I had already cleared this debt.

2: What can I do about the fact they hounded me like this for a debt already paid!?

My Story:

6 years ago I got into some problems with a business I part owned. It left me in debt and I ended up having to sell my house to clear most of the secured and serious debt. However it still left me with £30k worth of personal debt...

Which for 2 years I buried my head about!

However In the last few years I have got myself sorted and been paying £100 across my debts through payplan... and I have also been saving and contacting creditors to make full an final payments.. I nearly have no debt at all :-)

I am annoyed I didn't check my paperwork sooner and realise this was for the same debt..

any help much appreciated and thanks in advance for your time and reading my story. :-)

Hi.

I am new to the forums and searching the web this seems like the best place for my questions :-)

I agreed with a creditor (Lowell (Red)) in August to pay a debt in full and final settlement at a reduced rate with a reference number: 11 (Changed for ease)

Paid the amount and received a letter with reference number 11 showing a nil balance. They said it was for a HSBC debt.

In December I received a letter from a creditor (Lowell (Red)) with reference number: 22 and I made an agreement to pay full and final settlement on my debit card which I have done today. The said it was for an Abbey debt.

Tonight whilst sorting the paper work I found a letter from a solicitor from 2 years ago chasing the debt and it clearly shows both reference numbers above belonging to 1 debt only!

So I have already paid in August full and final settlement... and now today I have paid the same debt again in full and final settlement!

Looking into it more it looks like every time they write they change the reference number.. but it definitely is just 1 debt!

I am looking for help on the following:

1: Can I call the bank and cancel the payment from today... I did agree for it to be taken, but not knowing I had already cleared this debt.

2: What can I do about the fact they hounded me like this for a debt already paid!?

My Story:

6 years ago I got into some problems with a business I part owned. It left me in debt and I ended up having to sell my house to clear most of the secured and serious debt. However it still left me with £30k worth of personal debt...

Which for 2 years I buried my head about!

However In the last few years I have got myself sorted and been paying £100 across my debts through payplan... and I have also been saving and contacting creditors to make full an final payments.. I nearly have no debt at all :-)

I am annoyed I didn't check my paperwork sooner and realise this was for the same debt..

any help much appreciated and thanks in advance for your time and reading my story. :-)

So who were the 2 debts from HSBC or Abby or neither ?. Did you not ask for a CCA first ?

Andy

if you can cancel the payment do so.

next time IGNORE the letters!!!!!!

they are DCA's they have NO LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt was from a loan from the Abbey and I'm trying to get rid of the debt.. I accept that I owe it! however I'm annoyed they have tricked me in to paying it twice...

Can I cancel a payment on my debit card? Is that possible to reverse it?

I haven't asked for a CCA, is it worth doing so, can I do that now I have paid twice in full and final!?

Thanks

Rich

I will move your thread over to the debt forums, you will get more advice in there. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You should get in touch with your bank NOW and tell them you were coerced into making a payment for something you have already paid. Tell them to reverse the payment. You can then await a threatogramme from the Leeds losers when they realise.

They are adamant that it's 2 different accounts.. however I have the letter that shows the 2 different ref numbers on referring to the same account. What to do!

I have asked them to send me details of the 2 seperate accounts and asked for them to agree if it shows I have already settled it they will refund this recent payment.

What information by law do I have to ask for to prove I owe the money on the account. Any information would be very appreciative! :-)

Thanks in advance