Mackenzie Hall & CCJ

Eddy3oy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I too have just recived a letter from Mackenzie Hall stating that they are trying to contact me on 'a personal matter'. There is no mention of any debt in the letter at all. After reading the rest of these posts is it safe to assume that this is just a fishing exercise on their part and can be safely ignored? Like some people here, I did have a loan and credit card that i walked away from around 7 years ago which resulted in a CCJ but since then no correspondance has been entered into with the repective banks or credit card company. I have sent off for my credit file just to check that there isn't anything on there that I'm not aware of.

It seems that I might be reciving a small red postcard next, and unless any figure or debt is mentioned i shall ignore that as well. I am planning to send the letter posted earlier in this tread should they continue and/or mention a debt or court action but untill then I'm planning to stay quiet.

Would anyone have any advise as to whether this is the best course of action? I'm guessing that alot of other people have had similar issues with this company and I'd be interested to hear what happend in their case.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Ed

Guest Zooman

CCJs are not subject to the Limitation Act, but they have their own rules around enforcement. If the letter from Mackenzie Hall is about a debt that whet to CCJ please tell us when the Judgement was entered.

Thanks Zooman,

As of yet though there has been no mention or reference of any debt at all. The letter just states that they would like to contact me on 'a personal matter'. Is it safe to ignore this and wait for them to actually mention a specific debt?

The CCJ judgement would have been put in place around 1998/99

Thanks,

Ed

Bizarre letter!

Like the person on this string said they were "Attempting to contact the above person or any member of his/her family (they should know my gender) about a personal matter."

The letter is addressed to "The Occupier" then lists my name and my address below it! Surely they know! Again, no mention of debt, no website address and the printed, rather than signed signature, leads me to suspect it is some kind of [problem] OR just some automated system to catch people they presume were born yesterday. Very suspicious...

Personal matter? His/her family? If they are debt collection they normally say so. If they are soliciters they say so. I smell a rat...:confused:

I have just received a letter form MH about "matters personal". I was instantly suspicious when I saw the term "investigation team" and there were loads of visa/credit card symbols at the bottom of the letter. I did a Yell search for debt collection agencies and ,yup,there they were. I phoned them up (instantly regretting it as I put the phone down) and told them that I did not exist at that address. I have walked away from debt but they were about 9/10 years ago. Am I still liable for them?

I have just received a letter form MH about "matters personal". I was instantly suspicious when I saw the term "investigation team" and there were loads of visa/credit card symbols at the bottom of the letter. I did a Yell search for debt collection agencies and ,yup,there they were. I phoned them up (instantly regretting it as I put the phone down) and told them that I did not exist at that address. I have walked away from debt but they were about 9/10 years ago. Am I still liable for them?

Depends whetehr you had a CCJ or not, and when you last acknowlefdged them by either making payment or in writing to creditor. If there is no CCj then they are statute barred which means you still owe the money but it cannot be enforced, if there is CCJ then you will always be laible as it is a court order.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

So how do I go about finding if there is a CCJ. Do I just go to the County Court and ask them?

They are registered here RTL Home for six years and I do not know how you find out about before then, but if you use the trust contact details I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 1 month later...

Technically a CCJ never lapses until its satisfied but if it doesn't show up on your credit file it strengthens your hand because the muppets at Mackenzie Hall will have tio go to court and persuade a judge to renew it.

From what you say it sounds very much as if our mates from Ayrshire are on a fishing trip and if Mackenzie Hall say there is a CCJ they will have to provide details it exists, simple as that.

Hello, just been sent the MacKenzie Hall "We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter" letter.

Probably like a lot of people was tempted to call in to have a go and give them the whole 6 years thing (the only debt it could be is circa 1996). But thanks to this site had second thoughts a put the letter in it's correct place, the bin.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows how MH generate these letters and where they source there info from?

Reason I ask if that I normally reside overseas and in the last 8 years have only returned to the UK for more than a visit (ie for 6months plus) on 2 occassions and it just seems that each time I do return I get the same letter. Possible a coincidence, or maybe something more sinister?

(Posted in other MH threads)