Copy of a voice recording

Fitty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone tell me if I have the right to a voice recording that was made by my bank to myself?

I have requested this from them but was told that they do not have to provide it. I am sure they do and told them a little white lie saying that I had been in touch with a solicitor friend who advised me that it is well within my rights to have a copy of the recording.

They did offer me a transcript of the call but I explained that this is unacceptable to me as it will not convey the dismissive attitude or sniggering i received from the young man at the bank.

Hiya and welcome to the forum.

send the below letter along with a 10 pound cheque or postal order. they have 40 days to comply and send you the recording and all your statments and every info they hold on you.

Dear Sir/Madam

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Ensure that included in this request is the copy of the voice recording from xxxxx date between my local branch and myself via an outbound call.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

• 6 months later...

Hello again.

Well this has been dragging on for ages and i'm still nowhere near anything.

After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between the bank and myself i finally received a letter today and thought you once again might be able to help me with where to go next.

"I tried to call you to discuss your concerns but have been unable to contact you"

I took the call from this person who after going through all the security questions then asked me for my password, which i declined to give him. He then said he was unable to proceed and would send me a response in writing.

" Unfortunately I can not provide you with a recording of the call as we only keep recordings of the call for 30days as the call has taken place, Recordings can only be provided upon request for legal reasons within the 30day timeline"

"I have completed my investigation into your concerns and i am pleased to confirm that i am upholding your complaint"

Then the letters goes on to say that the agent in questions has had his wrists slapped and that they take pride in offering excellent customer service.

I sent off the letter that you kindly gave me along with a postal order for £10 and got back half a forest worth of paper of information.

Thanks again for your help.

Fitty