Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd

Johnny580
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd this morning dated 16 December 2009 (2 actually in separate envelopes exact same letter).

I have been receiving phone calls from these people but they never leave the name of the company or what it's regarding so I do not answer the phone.

The letter states that I have an outstanding debt with Local Authority Hounslow Council for £13025 in respect of unpaid tax for the following Field 1. I have no idea what this is about.

I do have an outstanding debt with Lombard regarding the lease purchase of a trailer. I no longer have the business and sold the trailer but I knew there would be a shortfall. I have 6 months of correspondence with Lombard which they would not acknowledge. They also refused to supply me with VAT documentation. The amount is about the same. I received a letter from Lombard a couple of weeks ago and I responded asking the sender to look through the file at all the correspondence and that I have not yet received VAT documentation. I have heard nothing further which comes as no surprise. The trailer was sold in April 2008.

I have no idea what to do about this letter as I am not sure if it's the same matter or not but I definitely do not have any debts or owe anything to Hounslow Council.

What should I do? Should I write back to Link I have tried to call but there is no reply?

Thanks

Edit to suit:

Dear Sirs

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Keep us posted, there is a letter template on this site to send to a creditors who keep phoning called the telephone harrasment letter. if you have used the letter provided by AngryCat above then that should make your position clear.

• 1 year later...

This thread is very useful - I have today received a letter from LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING LTD where they are contacting me regarding a debt which in no way relates to me (the debt belongs to the previous house owner, who moved house about 5 years ago!!!). I phoned this company on 0844 7362490 today, and spoke to a representative. I asked for the representative's full name (as I wanted to keep a record of all calls made, in case this company harassed me again), and was told it was 'NONE OF MY BUSINESS' by LEE !!!!!!! I have never in my life spoken to such a rude and unprofessional company, after all, they are chasing me for information on a debt which in no way relates to me!!! Also, they wrote on their letter that, "Previously Mr XXXX gave us permission to contact you should we ever lose contact with them" - is this true? They haven't even addressed the mail to my name.... I will be using the letter template above today, as I want no further contact with this extremely unprofessional, and aggressive company.

• 10 months later...

Why do you stupid people give your phone numbers to the people that you have debts with and banks and companies in the first place and why do you phone them when they write to you? never give your phone number to anyone and never give personal details over the net, phone, email, at the front door and refuse to deal on the phone! You complain that they phone you! Why did you publish your phone number somewhere in the first place?

• 7 months later...

why do we have people like this on here, may be they work for LINK.

They have just called me, my number is very EX Directory and No on would have given it to them.

This is for some thing from 2003! and I have never had the thing they are stating.

So I would like to take them to court.

So lets hear how to do it!