Investors Report - Thanks to ispartacus75

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had the same list of charges through and at first it does look pretty daunting but I have managed to plough through their jargon to find the real information.

You need to seperate the infor they have given you into 2 piles.

The pages you ae interested in right now are the 'statement' pages.

These have 10 vertical columns labelled as follows.

1. Branch

2. Agency

3. C/S Date

4. Reference

5 As Date

6. Notation

7. Amount

8. Balance

9. CQ Clear

10. Remarks

Once you have sperated these from the other information you need to put these into date order.

Now that you have them in date order try and sort the other pile into date order, we will still need them.

Going back to the 10 column 'statements' the columns you are interested in are 'Notation', 'Amount' and 'C/S Date'

The Notation is the code that they give every transaction. The code you are looking for is 94D. This is the code for a bank charge. It also covers the charge for going overdrawn but the charge amount will be slightly different. Now check the C/S Date for the bank charge.

Once you have this information refer to your second pile of papers and find the charges list. By checking the amount and the date on the charges list you can find out exactly what the charge was for. If it was for a bounced cheque it will give you the cheque number. Once you have the date, reason, and cost you can enter it into the xcel spreadsheet from the library.

DO NOT FORGET. The date format of the speadsheet seems to be dd/mm/yy. Otherwise it will throw up errors.

Not finished yet.

You asked about about PENDING DNT. This is interest charged to your account for that month. This is brought in if you have gone overdrawn due to their charges. going back to the statements. This will appear with the notation DNT1 and the amount. As this is a further charge based on the original charges you are allowed to claim it back plus interest on it so put it in your xcel sheet.

That is basically it.

Go through everything twice. Its better to send the letter off on Monday and be right than send it off today and be wrong!.

• Haha 1

Paul, can I just check something...I'm just not grasping it :oops:

this bit..

You asked about about PENDING DNT. This is interest charged to your account for that month. This is brought in if you have gone overdrawn due to their charges. going back to the statements. This will appear with the notation DNT1 and the amount. As this is a further charge based on the original charges you are allowed to claim it back plus interest on it so put it in your xcel sheet.

I have an overdraft and get charged monthly (no problem with this as it is their money!) the fees are only ever a couple of quid a month, are you saying this DNT is in addition to my overdraft fee?

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for bringing this up. I must claify this.

DNT1 is the interest on your account. If the amount has a D next to it its being taken from your account (interest charged). If there is no D it is interest credited to your account (earned on a positive balance).

I based my instructions for the Investor Report on my own investigations of the paperwork. In my case I do not have an overdraft of any kind so any interest debited was to do with going overdrawn even a penny.

Where there is an authorized overdraft in place I believe matters will be a little more complicated. I can honestly say I dont know.

I supposed if you could find out how much interest you pay on a month without any charges in it (this amount would purely be genuine interest owed on a standard overdraft) and deduct that amount from the amount of interest charged for unauthorized overdrafts this will give you a near as damn it figure for the interest charged that can be claimed.

This is going to be pence either way so its up to you as to whether its worth just reclaiming the charges alone or doing the extra work for a few pence of interest.

Hope thats of some help.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

HI

My IAR format was slightly different.

When I spoke with telephone banking and asked for a list of charges, they sent me an "Investors Account Report" for the whole period. However, they only sent me the section of the report headed "CHARGE DETAILS". This made relatively easy work of identifying all of the charges as they were listed in chronological order and even identified the reversed charges as a goodwill gesture. The report also detailed all of the debit/credit interest they had applied

Not sure if this will help anyone but the information I requested was simply a breakdown of all charges. The column headings that I received were slightly different to those listed above. Namely:

Charge Number

Date of Transaction

Debit Date

Charge Amount

Reason for Charge

Cheque No./Reference

Transaction Amount

Reveresed By

Reversal Reason

Obviously the last 2 columns relating to charge reversals were mainly blank.

Hope this helps.

I think that as the bank realise we aint lying down on this one and we can work out the crap they send us they will try and change to format in an effort to confuse.

No doubt someone at Halifax has seen this thread and now knows we worked out how to read it. Each time they change the format/what they send us the 'tutorial' for decifering it needs to be updated.

Its all good stuff

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

I agree with that.#

Perhaps anyone receiving charging information that differs from the known IAR's can keep this thread updated with the column headings so that we have a universal resource for deciphering.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am filing a claim on behalf of my mother to Halifax. After the initial DPA letter we received the Investors Account Report. It has been a nightmare sorting through it and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice?

The 'charge details' headings were the same as mas101's with:

Charge Number

Date of Transaction

Debit Date

Charge Amount

Reason for Charge

Cheque No./Reference

Transaction Amount

Reveresed By

Reversal Reason

However, several pages had no dates on them that I could see. And, they weren't in chronological order. My mother phoned them and requested copies with clear dates on them, but then on inputting what we had on the spreadsheet to get an idea of what sort of figure we're looking at, it appears that nearly all charges are duplicated (some more than once). They appear on different pages with different charge numbers, but the refs, amounts, and dates were all exactly the same.

Has anyone else had an IAR with this? I can't work out if they charged twice on that date (when the DD was represented?) or if they've just duplicated all the charges.

Thanks.

Claire

I have a bundle of charges for £1.50 for a code 93D. It's not described in the notation details so was wondering what these charges were? I never use charging ATM's out of principle, so it's not that...

I'm off to the branch to ask them :)

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received

I have a bundle of charges for £1.50 for a code 93D. It's not described in the notation details so was wondering what these charges were? I never use charging ATM's out of principle, so it's not that...

I'm off to the branch to ask them :)

Did you find out?? I have a load of these one mine too and I don't know what they are.

Halifax DPA sent - 8th March - reminder email sent 1st April . Finally received info on day 60!

First 14 day letter sent 17/5/06.

Jaidxx v Abbey - WON by Jaidxx!

Sorry, i forgot to post a reply!!

93D is a charge for using ATMs abroad. I had about 30 quids worth which was my being in hamsterjam last year!

Just noticed when I checked the dates & asked at the branch.

Incidentally, they haven't actually given me this info (as with statements!), I just worked it out for myself :)

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received

Can I clarify that on the Investors Account Report that underneath a charge for exceeding your overdraft etc there is a Pending DNT charge it is ok to claim this back in every instance where it appears?

I have instances where I have the pending DNT charge is the only one coming off ie. no other charges for going o ver the overdraft.

• 2 weeks later...

With HBOS you get a £1.50 Charge for using your card in a forgein currency, So its advisable when using your card abroad take cash out of the ATM and use it for multiple transactions as its a £1.50 charge if u take €400 out of the ATM as it is for €10 debit card payment. Or the even better way of gettin around this and my personal favourite:

Open up a Nationwide account for the sole use of being an account to use abroad as with them you dont receive any charges for using the card abroad!

hi i sent of for the list of charges and i got bank statements through on the bank statements it gives you the date and how much the charge was but it doesnt say the reason for being charged

Hi

if it was a £30 or £39 charge then it would have came out 7 days after the charge had been incurred. If it was a £28 charge then it comes out at the end of the following month and thats for being more than £30 overdrawn/over your overdraft at any point during the month.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help me with regard to working out my charges??

I have recieved a personal loan account report from the Halifax - which is quite difficult to understand! I have over £200 worth of 72D - anyone got any idea what this is for, as it is not identified on the notation meanings list...

Also, what interest (if any) do I add onto this?? There are alot of 'interests' added on here but can't work out which ones are due to me being over the agreed loan amount??

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

If you request, in this terminology, as they are quite thick- used to work for them!!!!!! lol

ask for

'Charge Details' from an AHD Enquiry, you will simply get the charge sheet!

Your Branch are able to provide this if you go in with some ID, and they cant charge, as it takes 10-15 secs and a sheet of paper- not worth £10!!!!!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

just wondered if anyone else has noticed this: my investors report dating back to 1988: code for a failed debit charge is 99D right up until 1995 when it changes to a code 94D. Has anyone else seen this? Been waiting for my info since feb would you believe?! mysteriously - my statements arrived ages ago with 7 years worth missing... now I have investors report I can see over 2 and a half grand's worth of charges! info that they have tried quite hard to avoid letting me see...

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks