UK CPS Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have just received a ticket for £60 on my windscreen from UKCPS - I was parked in the carpark for literally 5-10 minutes whilst popping into a shop just round the corner. I was quite shocked to receive the ticket as there are no ticket meters in the car park and it was a private carpark (no 2 hr max etc). Upon reading the notice (there were admittedly a lot around the carpark but I didn't pay any attention before) it stated that I had to enter the store and ask for a permit.

Even if I had done this, I would have still received a ticket due to the tiny timeframe allowed (incidentally, the time first observed was before I had arrived at the carpark).

I plan to ignore all communication as is advised here, although I do have one question. I understand I will receive a number of letters from UK CPS with ever increasing charges and then my details will likely be passed to a debt collection agency. At this stage, should I ignore the debt collection agency? I do not wish to have anything bad appear on my credit report.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

it is not a 'debt' it's an unpaid INVOICE!

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Debt collection agencies are powerless, ordinary private companies.

They can't touch your credit file.

They can't take anyone to court because any alleged debts are their clients', not theirs.

They can't do anything at all.

If thats true, thats fantastic. However, how come these companies can make claims in their letters that not paying the "debt" will result in information being published to your credit report?

Surely they must have some power given that sometimes they are actually trying to claim unpaid debt, rather than [problem] the public!

Hi all

It would appear the OP was parked on private land (a car park for a particular store). He/she parked disregarding the contractual signs which they later claim were very numerous and visible. The OP went to the shop 'around the corner' obviously not the shop which has rights over the car park for their customers (because that shop is directly adjacent to the car park NOT around the corner.). So The OP acknowledged there was signage at the site - they therefore entered into a contract to visit the particular store in question and display a permit or to pay a charge of £60. Quite simple really.

If thats true, thats fantastic. However, how come these companies can make claims in their letters that not paying the "debt" will result in information being published to your credit report?

Surely they must have some power given that sometimes they are actually trying to claim unpaid debt, rather than [problem] the public!

A debt collector has no "special powers". They are private citizens, just like you and me. Just as I cannot go up to someone and demand money, neither can they.

If thats true, thats fantastic.

Of course its true. Why would we make it up ?

However, how come these companies can make claims in their letters that not paying the "debt" will result in information being published to your credit report?

Because that is there Business plan - to scare the unwary, those that worry easy and anybody else who is taken in that what they say can happen will.

Not everybody who is in business has morals !

Anybody can try to claim an unpaid debt - I could take you to court via the Small Claims Serivice using the online facility for a Invoice you have never paid (for services you never received) - of course if you defended the claim and let the law of the land decide if my claim was valid we know it isn't going to get very far.

Blagton

• 1 month later...

hi, yes another 1 bites the dust, i received a parking ticket from ukcps in headingley after parking up for less than 5 minutes whilst going into subway, i have read alot of comments on here from quite some time ago, im just wondering if the answer is still the same and to ignore the ticket

im scared but 75.oo is alot of money

only if they took you to court , and if they won , and they got a CCJ against you and if you didnt pay within 28 days, then and only then could they register it

but with all PPC's they get stuffed on the first "IF"

hi there cpsuk are still at it, is it still the same and just ignore the ticket

They will just send you various threatening letters of increasing severity, finishing up with threats of legal action. You need to realise that their intention is to intimidate, so you need to be prepared for that. However their threats are actually laughable, and if you read a few of the threads here, you will soon realise how the [problem] works.

thanks, i have read lots of comments on here but they all seemed quite old, cant thank you guys enough, if i hadnt looked on this website i would be 75.00 out of pocket, couldnt believe it when i saw all the posts, they shouldnt beable to get away with these tactics:-x