ex- manager

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I previously worked for company A for couple years as a permanent employee, everything was going fine until I had a new manager, I was then bullied, victimized and my doctor signed me off work due to work related issues..

I then went back to work sometime later and handed in my notice and left the company (on good terms, I maintained good relation with the company’s Hr, and other managers …other than my own manager)

last week I had a phone interview with company xyz , they seemed very interested in me and offered to meet me for face to face interview ( they offered me an interview within 1 hour of the phone interview and their first reaction was that “we like this guy” …). I was very impressed and went down to see them..

Again the interview was fantastic and they said they going to get back to me by end of the day which was very good sign.. They also told me than my Ex manager is working for them ( apparently he changed job after I left the company A) They asked me whether I knew him from the company A while I worked there , I did say yes but didn’t share the pain with them …

after I left the interview, 2 hours later I recieved a call from the agent saying the interviewer thinks the interview went well , but didnt confirm whether I got the job or not ! at this stage i was also questioned about the reason for leaving company A.ofcourse I didnt mention the past and said I have left on good terms..

2 days later I recieved another phone call and was told that I haven’t got the job. They couldn’t provided me with a strong reason, I was surprised by the change of events and strongly suspect that its because of my ex managers involvement but have no hard evidence to prove this, I have nearly lost another good opportunity because of him,

I have made note of some of the facts and inconsistencies …

1. On the day of interview they admit that they are conducting more interviews but they were for different positions, but later on I was told that someone else has got the job because they interviewed 5 more candidates for the same role!

2. on the day of interview they seemed happy with my location,and and I did explain that I have relatives who live even closer and I’m happy to be relocated. And available to start immediately, As a result and there was no issues raised about the location after that , but I was then told that someone local has got the job and preference have been given to him.

3. they also told me that I should apply again in 4 month time because they going to have another position available, this is strange because I have been to many interviews but never had a such feedback, does this suggest that my ex manager is going to leave in 3 month time? and then they might take me on board? Or they just trying to keep positive attitude ?

4. the job specification didn’t include skills on ABC product but I was then told they have found someone who also has skills in using product ABC ( surprisingly I do have skills in product ABC but didn’t mention it because it wasn’t part of job specification..)

Can someone please advice please? I dnt mind rejection in life, I have come across rejections many times and always try to make the most out of worse situations, but this time I feel I have been victimized and would look to stand up for myself, I appreciate your advice.

Many thanks!

Based on the information above, I do think you are jumping to conclusions .

It seems to me that you were an excellent candidate, but they had another candidate also. They had to choose between the two of you.

They also have encouraged you to apply in the future.

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

thanks for sharing your opinion,

one reason why im so paranoid is because my ex manager is a normal employee over there and since its a small company there is only 1 team which means if i were to get the job then I would be working with him on day to day basis , so its obvious to assume that they have asked him for a reference.

any more opinions?

is there anything i could do in order to find out what exactly happened? and how the decision was made?

thanks

Why dont you write and ask for feedback, as you felt you had interviewed well.

Remember write, dont phone - gives you evidence, if required.

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

Would you want to work with this guy again?

Even if he did give an opinion of you, all he would need to mention is you were off for stress, many potential employers would think twice knowing this, especially if they have another candidate with similar attributes. As this is true there isnt much you can do about it.

Have you not considered contacting your previous employer now that this guy has left? They may welcome you back with open arms.

Hi guys thanks for your advice , i have send an email to the agency guy and also sending a letter directly to the company first thing tomorrow morning. i might recieve more detailed feedback i keep you up to date

thanks

• 4 weeks later...