Any Help with Howard Cohen please?

chopper65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There seems to be lots of posts about Howard Cohen here - I wish I'd seen them earlier.

I had a CCJ from Northampton county Court in January 09 on a Barclaycard debt subsequently taken over by Howard Cohen (no notice of assignment btw)

Anyway, have complied with the order with payments via payplan, heard nothing until today, nearly a year later, when I get a letter stating that I've failed to maintain repayment which is untrue - but of course the threat of bailiffs made in it is pretty distressing.

A couple of questions really - Has anyone else had anything like this and does it sound like another try-on? - Also , I see a lot of comments about complaining to the OFT but what could I hope to achieve by doing that?

I've e-mailed them saying the letter's rubbish ( I won't ring them as I get too angry with these people and it doesn't help ) Beyond that , is it worth writing to the court to pre-empt anything or is this simply bluffing?

I also don't think it's co-incidence that this is the the second year running I've had this type of nonsense from them in Christmas week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thank you

Have you got proof of all of your payments? Have you been able to comply with the CCJ?

Making a complaint to the OFT will hopefully force them to start taking action against these companies and get them to toe the line and act within the Law and Guidelines, whilst they will not look into your individual complaint they will file them all in the same drawer in readiness for when they require to renew their credit licence.

Make a complaint to TS via consumer direct, if your payments have been going through payplan then they will also have evidence of payments.

As for Howard Cohen, who were you paying prior 'Sharklaycard'? Did they ever send you a letter stating they were selling the debt?

I would be asking them some very stern questions, file a complaint with them also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!