RBS - lack of a copy of original CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well you have plenty of rights in law. They have no agreement and have admitted that.

If they tell you that they know what the law is and you have no rights, mention that your legal advice differs to theirs, then ask them for a copy of your written authority to them, to enable them to share your personal data with a third party, as laid out in the Data Protection Act. Let them know that if they do share that data, you will have no compunctions in issueing proceedings for compensation under the act.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They never will.

The whole industry is a sham. The ignore the law, Treat our legal system as a playground, and flout the will of Parliament. And where are the people that are suposed to regulate and protect folk from this behaviour? Probably in Copenhagen working out measures to hit your pocket further and make you turn your heating down and freeze.

i was in Copenhagen a few weeks ago

its F ***ing expensive

6.50 for a bloody ice cream cornet

2001 captain, why are you speaking on the fone with them? Never ever do that, they lie through their teeth. Make sure everything is in writing.

The chimps working for RBS, should be back at school lerarning to spel!!! The will ignore everything you say, pass you to in-house DCA Triton Credit Services, who will pass you back to RBS. Next will be a letter from in-house Sols Green & Co, the reply must be to RBS though !?! Next will be the mugs from Wescot, tell them account is in dispute and to send it back to RBS.

RBS staff are desperate to keep their jobs, so anything goes for them.

Bring on global warming I want to live in a warm country, but want to live in the best. The UK!!! :) See all the leaders are having various junkets to further discuss Africa getting hotter and The Antartic being accessible at last for all the mineral and oil reserves;) Blackpool will be booming again, soon.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

guys and gals just received the attached letter dated 23rd December from RBS and would value comments as to next steps. Should i need to be concerned!!!!!!!!.

By the way it's just as expensive in the South of France the only difference they don't have space heaters there

Happy and Prosperous New Year

RBS response 231209.pdf

guys and gals just received the attached letter dated 23rd December from RBS and would value comments as to next steps. Should i need to be concerned!!!!!!!!.

By the way it's just as expensive in the South of France the only difference they don't have space heaters there

Happy and Prosperous New Year

So they are telling you that the debt is unenforcable and they cannot recover through the courts:)

They then go on to threaten you with recording the defaults on your credit file.

Remind them that the ICO is not a legislative body and that in order to share your data, rather than hold your data, they need your signed permission. Ask them to kindly provide a copy of that signed permission, reminding them of the consequences of sharing data without your signed consent. ( Besmirching your good name etc ) The compensation can be high if they want to take that risk.

Hi there I have loads of CC's issues going on (was hoping to get some sort of Badge currently 14 and around £70k now and increasing each month as interest is added)

Anyway one of mine is RBS and guess what my reply is the same as yours so I would be interested in seeing how things go for you and would appreciate any advice along the way.

If there is anything I can do please let me know my thread is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/240588-steve-rbs.html#post2678498

Hope you dont mind me publishing this it's just easier for you to access it directly along with other people (not people angels in disguise).

Many Regards

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

cheers Vint is there a standard template covering this?

time to take stock and decide what your priorities are

for instance you say you have lots of cases on the boil- i assume therefore that your credit record is going to be shot to pieces

if so why take on RBS when you dont need to

they have conceded that they cannot enforce- i would personally sit on this for 6 years /or until they (unlikely) come up with an agreement.

then concentrate on the others

my opinion on your chances of stopping them recording information against you, given recent cases is about the same as me getting Katherine Jenkins to ditch her boyfriend and run away with me!

Yes I agree the other 13 are now higher priority with AMEX top of the list.

I have received a lot of help and assistance from others I was kind of fishing to see if I could stop being selfish and help out somewhere.

Thanks for your info very appreciated.

Steve

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

• 2 weeks later...

"I have posted some possible letters ........."

Vint sent the letter to RBS reminding them of my rights and asking for proof that i gave them permission to record defaults etc. Gave them 7 working days to respond - nada. Have now had my first default letter from RBS along with a statement of account with added interest. What would you suggest/

I think that they probably can process your data, but sharing it with a third party is a different matter.

Second letter is not a DN.

Third letter is a stat obligation for them to advise of default charges to your account.

Fourth letter is just a follow up.

Did you have any specific questions about these?

wether or not we think they are allowed to file default with CRA's I am confident they will....

here is a post I have just posted on another thread that I think we should all bear in mind and try and collectively do something about....I am going to try and put on as many posts as possible until we can organise a collective front page stand....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

ask the credit reference agencies when you gave them permission to own share and sell your data..... As more and more people win cases against creditors more defaults will be registered . It is the CRA's that need to be challenged .... By which law are they allowed to even exist and why do we have to pay 3 of them to get our own data from them..... By which misguided piece of legislation where they conceived.... this should be front page CAG as I believe this is even bigger than BANK Charges... why dont we come up with some kind of mass class action against CRA's funded by CAG donations to set some precedents.... if the best we get is a reduction from 6 to 3 years then I think it is a battle worth fighting even 3 years is too much though as I believe this should be a centralised database with very strict criteria for entering information.... not paying a twenty pound mobile bill stopping you get a life changing mortgage of say 3.75% is totallu unacceptable ....... what do you think caggers?????

Credit Report

Click link to open in new window.

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!