Natwest/Winners & Winners/Moorcroft

johncleese
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all and apologies if this duplicates what's already up here...

I'll try to make this make sense...

1. Due to my own financial incompetence in years gone by I managed to get my Natwest current account into an overdraft of about £2000, most of which was made up of bank charges on top of bank charges.

2. I was contacted by a company called Winners & Winners and signed an agreement for them to deal with Payment Protection Insurance and bank charges.

3. Winners & Winners have now disappeared off the map: their phone and website are both out of order.

4. I have this week been contacted by Moorcroft saying I owe them £3920, which is presumably made up of more charges on top of the previous amount. Under pressure I made a payment of £10 and agreed to pay £245 over the next 16 months, starting on the 5th of January.

5. My parents are unable to understand the situation I have got myself into and are understandably concerned both for me and for their own credit and financial statuses as I currently live with them.

Having buried my head in the sand for about half a year, what should I now look at doing?

I have found the letter template from nuke em here (More Moorcroft Help - The Consumer Forums), but not entirely sure it is relevant.

I am planning to go into Natwest tomorrow afternoon to see how they wish to pursue the matter.

Thanks

J

Hi and welcome

first thing is stop paying westcot.

secondly send a sar to the bank for all statements if you do not already have them, then work out what the charges come to and then tell the bank you want them back

simples

the sar can be found in the templates section it costs £10 send it by recorded mail to the bank

send westcot a letter saying you dispute the amount and will not be maikng any further payments until you have verified with the bank what this alledged debt is and what it is made up of.

as for losers and losers forget em, you can do it yourself for the price of a stamp and £10 postal order

I don't think Westcott will be very interested in this one. Moorcroft might be a better bet.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

The OP has a F/T job, PGH, where he doesn't have Internet access. He phoned me yesterday to ask me for advice and I directed him here, assuring him help would be forthcoming, as I couldn't direct him to templates etc on the phone, obviously, and DCAs are not my main area.

;-)

My advice over the phone was not to bother with Natwest as they have more than likely flogged the debt for pennies, and tell Moorcroft to prove the debt.

At the moment, I wouldn't really advise anyone to go after the bank for charges if the debt has been sold on, instead concentrate on getting rid of the DCA. Wouldn't you agree?

they do try;)

Also if he knows where he stands from the start then it will be easier to fight off the DCA, at the end of the day these charges whether they are legit or not it is really a case of the OP talking to the OC and bypassing the muppets in between.

Moorcrap will undoubtably send out their ususal threatograms, but in the case of bank charges / overdrafts they havent really got a lot to go on

Also if the op can prove that charges were added to charges all the better