Charges on loan account

boxer18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan account with GE capital, which is being chased by Aktiv Kapital, I have CCA'd them and finally got back the information, but on the statement of the account it shows that all the payments were made, but 2 in 2003 were late so The debt is charges for letters, GE capital are charging £20 for a letter, Is there anything that I can do about these charges. Any help would be much appreciated.

Under the cputr any costs have to be representative of the costs incurred.

In other words they can only apply contracted charges which are equal to what they cost themselves, since none of them would ever disclose what it actually costs them these charges + interest can be reclaimed.

In the meantime the outstanding balance is incorrect.

Once you have established exactly what charges have been applied to your account, follow the same procedure as identified for bank charges elsewhere on this site

Cheers spamheed, Looking at the statement of the account that I got with the CCA information I know the amout that they have charged me for these letters and this the amount the AK are trying to recover, so I have not paid the charges yet. can I get them written off using the same procedure as reclaiming bank charges or do I have to use a different procedure?

Yes you can, I had almost £500 taken off the outstanding balance of my credit card following the same processes.

They do work but don't expect them to roll over and agree with you after the first letter. They will claim that their fees are legitimate, or that the recent court case vindicates their fees, nothing has changed, CPUTR still stands on the statute book and until they respond with a clear list of their actual costs, then any charges are unlawful and can be reclaimed