style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

evening all, just had news from the fos that ive won against barclays which im REALLY happy about however weve had to enter into a dmp just wondered if any of you guys knew whether we might get the refund or will it be set off against the loan? im expecting the worst lol knowing the trouble ive had with barclays i wont be seeing a penny never mind though at least it will bring down the debt suppose you could say its win win :)

evening all, just had news from the fos that ive won against barclays which im REALLY happy about however weve had to enter into a dmp just wondered if any of you guys knew whether we might get the refund or will it be set off against the loan? im expecting the worst lol knowing the trouble ive had with barclays i wont be seeing a penny never mind though at least it will bring down the debt suppose you could say its win win :)

Hello LP,

More than likely barclays will offset against any outstanding debt. They can do this,. I have had a recent similar case I had a loan then my OH took it on but ended on a dmp.

I claimed and got a cheque my OH claimed and had the amount reduced on the debt on the dmp. Happy though total was over £7.5k. Total PPI recovered so far is over £18k with claims still with the FOS etc.

It is worth the fight to reduce the debt and or get money back in either case you are a winner :D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

just be aware that they can only offset IF offsetting is mentioned in the T&C sent to you with the agreement. they cant latterly decide thay can do that. and ofcourse they can only take ARREARS, nothing more.

DX

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

thanks for the replys both amazingly barclays sent a letter saying they had credited my account with the full amount owed so i hot footed down to barclays and got the lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Oh still waiting to see what will happen to his as we won on the same day but no news yet. im glad to know that they can only have the arrears because if so hes in for a nice windfall. im so glad i found this forum cant tell you how much easier i have slept since, as they say knowledge is power! :-D

dont forget to donate;)

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

thanks for the replys both amazingly barclays sent a letter saying they had credited my account with the full amount owed so i hot footed down to barclays and got the lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Oh still waiting to see what will happen to his as we won on the same day but no news yet. im glad to know that they can only have the arrears because if so hes in for a nice windfall. im so glad i found this forum cant tell you how much easier i have slept since, as they say knowledge is power! :-D

And please do not forget to post in the successes thread in the stickies. Also if you need you thread renamed to have a **Won** added let me know when you have the money in the bank and also

Well Done :D:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

just be aware that they can only offset IF offsetting is mentioned in the T&C sent to you with the agreement. they cant latterly decide thay can do that. and ofcourse they can only take ARREARS, nothing more.

DX

if this is the case what would happen if you don't have any terms and conditions? Marbles have had 3 years to find mine and still nothing, currently with FOS awaiting their decision, would be nice to think I might actually get someting back instead of them paying themselves. :roll:

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

don't think they can do it, though i think they can p'haps reconstitue what would have been the t&c at that time.

not sure.

dx

spreadsheets 

don't think they can do it, though i think they can p'haps reconstitue what would have been the t&c at that time.

not sure.

dx

thanks DX, have now asked the question on the thread in question :D

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement