A parking question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would think it would be up to the CSO to prove that it was causing an obstruction rather than the other way around - what happened to innocent until proven guilty? :)

My point was if he considers it an obstruction he is well within his rights to get the car issued with a FPN which will have to be disputed in Court. The offence is parked causing unnecessary obstruction so it would be up to you to prove it was necessary. If he has asked you not to park there on several occasions he could possibly do you for wilfull obstruction of the highway.

There is only a specific distance in relation to parking at night without

lights which is not within 10 yards of a junction.

There is an offence of parking in a dangerous position which might include

parking close to a junction. However whether it was a dangerous position

would depend on the type / width of junction / sight lines / other

obstruction / speed limit / how busy the road is etc. and there is no

specific distance.

• 3 years later...
Thats the Highway Code, not law. Follow the regs listed and see if you can find the '10 yards of a junction' thing - you won't.

As above - covered under the Roads Traffic Act Laws RTA 1988, sect 22 & CUR reg 103 Why be argumentive for the sake of it? People on here want help not peole fluffing theirown egos surely? :lol:

As above - covered under the Roads Traffic Act Laws RTA 1988, sect 22 & CUR reg 103 Why be argumentive for the sake of it? People on here want help not peole fluffing theirown egos surely? :lol:

We have decided to re-open this thread so that prettykitty's information can be debated. as a result, two previously unapproved posts have been reinstated.

Here are the pieces of legislation and regulations to which prettykitty referred as containing the 10m rules.

I haven't spotted the 10m but in either of them but I will leave those who wish to debate this to discuss.

Road Traffic Act 1988

22 Leaving vehicles in dangerous positions.

If a person in charge of a vehicle causes or permits the vehicle or a trailer drawn by it to remain at rest on a road in such a position or in such condition or in such circumstances as to [F1involve a danger of injury] to other persons using the road, he is guilty of an offence.

Source = http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/22

The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

Obstruction

103. No person in charge of a motor vehicle or trailer shall cause or permit the vehicle to stand on a road so as to cause any unnecessary obstruction of the road.

Source = http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/regulation/103/made

As you have found by reading the legislation cited there is no 10 meter rule there. There is no 10 metre rule anywhere in law. That is a figment in many imaginations, civilian, police and ex-police.

Obstruction would be a matter of fact and degree in each case.

Hence a 10 metre rule is both absurd and impossible.

Which is something the police and ex-police should know.

Of course a a civilian that used to work for the police may not know.

As per my post long ago - just cite the law that establishes the 10 metre rule to prove me wrong.

(And the Highway Code itself declares that is not not law)

I'm not sure why you've emailed me twice about telling me that I to quote you ''attacked'' a member of your team - and was being again quote ''aggressive'' - I am uninterested in an argument, lol - helping people yes but what exactly about me offends you, or your team members? Like I said - ''Is it coz I iz female''? Have a good life ya all... Bye-bye, I have a life to live :oDxxx

Nothing offends but when you say that this 10m business is enshrined in law and you are questioned on it you should point to the relevant sources.

I have quoted the sections of law and regulations you alluded to above and there is no mention of the 10m measure.

On that basis, and has already been said, the information you have suggested appears to be factually incorrect.

We decided to re-open this thread so that you could have an opportunity to discuss this and point members to the sources. Are you able to do this?