Been Made An Offer

southernscouser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter from those lovely people at Cobbetts this morning basically saying although there charges are fair blah blah and how they consider my challenge in court would fail they are offering me a goodwill gesture of £600, about half of what I'm claiming for. :rolleyes:

I'm at the stage where we have both submitted our Court Allocation Questionaire and are waiting for a date.

I've not read about them making offers at this stage before so is this normal. Do I just send them a letter back saying thanks but no thanks, Im pursuing for all of it? :confused:

they have done the same for me.. its their usual tactics, I am sending them this letter as we speak:

Dear Sirs,

Many thanks for your letter dated 15th August 2006 in which you state that you believe my challenges to Nat west would fail in Court. Unfortunately I have to beg to differ on this belief especially as Natwest have refused to defend so many other similar cases instead settling fully out of court. Therefore I and am happy to continue to proceed with this matter to press for a full refund of the charges.

I am very grateful of your interim payment of £XXXof the full amount and look forward to receiving a bankers draft for this.

I am however unwilling to agree to the specific terms and conditions you have added to this namely:

1 Not to disclose to any third party the fact of, or any details relating to, this payment;

2 Withdraw my claim

3 That this payment of £650 is a full and final settlement of the claim

However once settlement of the full amount of claim is received I may be willing to renegotiate those terms. I would however suggest that A non- disclosure agreement would add further costs for Natwest to the final settlement.

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I have also had an offer at this point. Sent a "no thanks" letter about 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing since ... getting a tad worried, but i'm sure everything will be ok!

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Submitted MoneyClaim on 30 May.

Acknowledged 7 Jun, 3 Jul deadline for response

Defence filed 4 Jul

Received their copy of AQ 21 July, awaiting court date

*********** SETTLED IN FULL - 17 August *************

Egg Card:

Requested Payment Protection Refund on 20 May,

Sent Data Protection Act request, egg acknowledged,

8 Jul deadline for response.

26 Jul: Sent Prelim Letter

01 Sep: Sent LBA

Citibank:

Not Started

Guest NATTIE

that the interim payment is a partial acceptance and they can take that bit off claim and see them in court for the rest of it

that the interim payment is a partial acceptance and they can take that bit off claim and see them in court for the rest of it

Thanks very much. Do you know if there is a template letter at all for this coz I'm carp at writing letters or will this do?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Case number: Blah blah

Thank you for your letter dated 15th August 2006.

I accept your offer of £600 but as an interim payment only as I still intend to pursue for the rest of my claim through the courts.

I am also unwilling to agree to the specific terms and conditions you have added to this namely:

1. Not to disclose to any third party the fact of, or any details relating to, this payment;

2. Withdraw my claim

3. That this payment of £600 is a full and final settlement of the claim

However once settlement of the full amount of claim is received I may be willing to renegotiate those terms.

Your faithfully

Southernscouser

blummin eck

seems to be a lot of offers being made ... wonder where mine is?

as a rule are the offers being made after AQ submissions by both parties? ... how long after?

the courts AQ had to be in today!!!

Nat West, * WON *, 10/2006, £1287

A & L, * WON *, 11/2006, £188

Donation Made to Site

Can anyone please tell me if this letter is suitable? I really don't wanna mess things up at this stage! :o

Thanks very much. Do you know if there is a template letter at all for this coz I'm carp at writing letters or will this do?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Case number: Blah blah

Thank you for your letter dated 15th August 2006.

I accept your offer of £600 but as an interim payment only as I still intend to pursue for the rest of my claim through the courts.

I am also unwilling to agree to the specific terms and conditions you have added to this namely:

1. Not to disclose to any third party the fact of, or any details relating to, this payment;

2. Withdraw my claim

3. That this payment of £600 is a full and final settlement of the claim

However once settlement of the full amount of claim is received I may be willing to renegotiate those terms.

Your faithfully

Southernscouser

Can anyone please tell me if this letter is suitable? I really don't wanna mess things up at this stage! :o

How about - something along these lines -

Thankyou for to your letter dated xxxxxxx

I am prepared to acceted your offer of xxxx in partial settlement of my claim of xxxx. However I will continue to pursue the remaining monetary value of xxxx. I would expect this to be settled in full unconditionally by XXXXXX (date). If however you feel that this is a matter that needs settling before a district judge then I am fully prepared and willing to present my particulars of claim and all relevant disclosure documents and supporting legislation in xxxxx court, and would expect expect you to provide full disclosure of the true cost of your charges and the reasons behind your requesting myself to keep settlement to myself to the judge.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.