Levy incorrectly placed on neighbour's vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bailiff has incorrectly levied on a neighbours car and charged me £146. I spoke to him on the phone to say that I only have 2 dustbins and 3 recycling bins at the front of my property - none of which belong to me. He said that he had reason to believe that it was my vehicle(?)

They are so difficult to deal with; the Bailiff assigned to me is continually contridicting himself which is very frustrating.

I originally agreed £180 per month then renegotiated £150; but I just cannot survive like this, I am just writing to rearrange 24 or 36 monthly payments. I have asked for a breakdown of charges and payments made. How do I approach this levy which besides ibeing incorrect is gonna cost me a lot of money.... for nothing.

Thanks

write to the bailiffs company & council (recorded delivery)and tell them that the car listed on the Notice of seizure of goods and inventory does not belong to you tell them to do a dvla check to confirm this and you want it in writing that this has been done and all charges connected with this levy have been removed from your account

in your letter to the council tell them to file the letter with your account in case it is needed for future reference

any letters sent to a bailiff company should always be copied to the council (for future reference )

They are so difficult to deal with; the Bailiff assigned to me is continually contridicting himself which is very frustrating.

Always in his benifit to extort maximum fees. Lawfully or not.

Is this for Council Tax ?

Have you signed anything ?

:|Thanks for your comments. Don't remember signing anything, getting wise to that one! This makes me soooo mad and frustrated as I know that there are those who do not have access to forums / help such as this and they either end up getting totally fleeced, stressed out or worse still thinking dark thoughts. Thanks for all comments. Will let you know the outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Sent payment proposal letter; received reply and told to speak with Bailiff who has refused saying 3 years is too long. Still no statement produced but within 1/2 bailiff dropped envelope thru my door stating that he will be back in 2 days (with locksmith) to remove goods. He says that they cannot take incorrect levy fees off. ahhhhhh! Can't even get thru to council to discuss. ????????

don't let the bailiff into your home and regardless of what the bailiff says if he has never been in your house before he cant get a locksmith to gain entry to your home

and he can tell you they cant remove the levy fees 100 times but they cant charge you a levy fee when they have levied goods that don't belong to you

watch out for the van/removal fee

Bailiff has incorrectly levied on a neighbours car and charged me £146.

The levy is not valid and nothing is owed by you. The law doesnt even prescribe a levy fee of £146 so he is conning you over his fees.

Let the bailiff lift the car and see how far he gets with it.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

No joy with contacting council. Bailiff due tomorrow but I'm not stressing out to much.... you can't be wrong and strong! Many thanks for advice and comments. This forum has given me much strength; more power to you all! Will persue and let you know.