snow_white vs natwest

snow_white
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have started trying to claim my charges back from Natwest and now am ready to claim charges back from capital one. I still have nearly all my statements so don't need to get copies. Have totalled up my charges and it amounts to £480. I'm eager to claim it all back especially as am still bitter about how some of the charges came about. Capital one was my first credit card and i got it before i was due to go abroad for four months. I wasn't supposed to pay a yearly fee but they charged me a fee of £18. I was away so didn't know about the charge and they charged me a late fee of £20 for every month i was away. They then wrote saying they shouldn't have charged me the yearly fee and refunding me £18 but still leaving me £60 of charges to pay off. I payed the additional charges even though i'd never even used my card because i didn't have the nerve to challenge the charges.

anyway four years on i'm claiming it back. I wondered if the prelim letter was the same for banks and credit cards? do i just make slight adjustments? Also should i mention the mistakes they made in charging me when it was their mistake in the first place. It only accounts for a small amount of my charges but it might make them more inclined to refund my charges early.

hi snowy

Yes your right adapt prielim letter to suit cc ie overlimit fee/late charges

send them a shedule of charges (template libary)with your letter but only fill in the notes section and charges section DO NOT fill in the 8% section you only need this if you have to file a claim at court.

send letter recorded delivery or if you can afford it (£4.10):eek: Special delivery if you send it before lunchtime it will get there by lunch next day.And you can track both by going to royalmail website. Isent mine to.......

Katherine Blunt

Legal Dept

Capital One Europe plc

Loxley House

Station Street

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

hopes this helps

Alan

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• 3 weeks later...

recieved an offer of £220 today, its £260 less than i'm after. I really need the money but don't want to let my desperation lead me to losing out on what i'm owed. If i can stand the stress of the wait and get the full amount then i can nearly clear my balance and start fresh. I wrote back accepting the money as a partial payment and telling them i'd put in a claim if they didn't pay me the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a partial refund from Barclaycard so had just enough money to file my claim against Capital one online. I was claiming £480 but with additional charges, interest and the court fee they will have to pay me £660. I would have thought they'd want to save themselves the money and the hassle.

received their acknowledgment of my claim today so they have a month now to file a defence.

I was told by the court person that the 28 days includes the initial 14 days they get to reply, so they only have another 14 days not 28.

By the way I am in the same position but with barclays.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

don't know how my natwest thread ended up in the capital one forum. have a capital one thread also. maybe i came into this forum intending to start my cap1 thread but got distracted and started the natwest one by mistake.

You can't, but a mod can - drop one of the 'green' members a PM and they'll do it for you :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

recieved a letter from capital one this morning. They are willing to settle in full to avoid court. They will credit my account with the £668 i am claiming and send me a check for the amount above the balance owed. Is such a relief that its over as this was my main claim. Just one more to go now.

Well done snowy I filed a court claim against them friday so you have done really well. Enjoy it.

You should put a message in the successes forum (cap 1 Not nat west;) )

Again well done.

Al.

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007