Parking In Wrong Bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was in Darlington a couple of weeks ago I had a urinart tract infection I stopped and asked someone where the nearest toilet was and he said park in the car park over there and go round the corner to Macdonalds I have a disabled parking badge and displayed on the dashboard went to toilet when I got back there was a ticket for parking in a non disabled bay .I went over to the display board it did say that there was fine for parking outside the disabled bays in pretty small writing but when you aare desprate and in pain you dont stop to read the signs .I have paid the fine now but if I appeal is there any chance of a refund

.I have paid the fine now but if I appeal is there any chance of a refund
Once you have paid, the council (I assume it was a council ticket) will deem that you have admitted the contravention.

You could still try making an informal appeal - it's unlikely to suceed, but stranger things have happened.

It's sometimes hard to unpick details in cases posted on this forum, eg your statement that you were ticketed "for parking in a non disabled bay". I can't tell from this where you parked - outside a bay, in a pay & display bay, by the roadside etc...

It would help to know firstly, whether this was a council ticket or a private one. If the latter, I think you are unlikely to get anywhere. If a council ticket, where in the car park did you park, and what was the contravention? (and why didn't you use the disabled bays?)

Definitely worth a try if it was a council ticket though. If you can include copies of any documents you have supporting your medical condition and if poss a photocopy of both sides of the blue badge, a courteous letter might get you your money back.

Claim discrimination. If they are only supplying a small number of bays and those are full it means they have effectively banned disabled drivers from the carpark.

Make a fuss about the discrimination and tell them your next move is to write to the papers naming them.

I was in Darlington a couple of weeks ago I had a urinart tract infection I stopped and asked someone where the nearest toilet was and he said park in the car park over there and go round the corner to Macdonalds I have a disabled parking badge and displayed on the dashboard went to toilet when I got back there was a ticket for parking in a non disabled bay .I went over to the display board it did say that there was fine for parking outside the disabled bays in pretty small writing but when you aare desprate and in pain you dont stop to read the signs .I have paid the fine now but if I appeal is there any chance of a refund

Who issued this "ticket" ?

Was it, for example a Pay And Display Councuil Car Park with the ticket issued by an Enforcement officer or was it a Private Car Park with a ticket (read Invoice) from a Private Parking Company ?

Sounds more like the latter to me but what are the details on the ticket ?

Blagton

Personally, I would not mention discrimination in your appeal. It is a line you can pursue through Council, but not as part of the PCN appeals process. It won't "scare" them into upholding your appeal - it will just deflect from the issue. Just explain what happened in a letter, and if that fails you can consider your options from there.

Claim discrimination. If they are only supplying a small number of bays and those are full it means they have effectively banned disabled drivers from the carpark.

Make a fuss about the discrimination and tell them your next move is to write to the papers naming them.

Complete tosh there is no discrimination they are not banned they just pay like any other car driver, being disabled doesn't mean your are poor. The DDA does not state that the disabled are entitled to free services just that they have access to the same facilities as the abled bodied which in this case they have.