wireless broadband

anon2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I was just hoping that someone may be able to help me. I have been using BT Broadband for ages with a BT Wireless router (BT Voyager 2500v). I have recently changed to NTL and want to know if there is anyway I can still use the wireless router from BT?

Thanks

Andrew

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

8/8/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

28/09/06 Prelim sent

18/09/07 Claim filed at court

From what I have found via google, the BT Voyager 2500v is an all in one ADSL modem and router. If this is the case (do you have a seperate modem that plugs into the router?), the short answer is no it will not work.

BT ADSL and Cable broadband are totally different technologies (I work for NTL telesales is how I know :sad: ), you will need to buy a new wireless router, just go along to your local computer shop and tell them you need a wireless router for cable broadband. You can pick one up for £30-£40 nowadays.

NTL cable or NTL ADSL? If ADSL it should work. If cable, you will need an ethernet router instead.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 2 weeks later...

No there is not. NTL use what is called DOCSIS technology. Data Over Cable Technology.

This is literally the same as the new Freeview tv, digital over RF (radio) signals.

BT Internet use ADSL (asynchronis digital subscriber line) [ok guys im dutch the transl;ation might be wrong]. But what THIS is, is literally the samea s your phone signal but at a different frequency. Kinda like how you can hear sound at one frequesncy and another at another level (2 signals in one).

Anyway, no you cant, unless your router has an ethernet connection, and yuor modem does. Then you can connect the modem to your ethernet router, then to your various PCs.

I would advice moving to BT Totoal broadband, a newer and cheaper product I moved to. Welcome to bt.com and click on the cool picture of the phone and hub!

I saved loads moving from BT phone and broadband both option 3!

Cheers

A

• 1 month later...

That BT offer;

£22.99 per month for first 3 months £26.99 thereafter for 40 gig a month! Not good if you use news groups or do lots of downloading, the next cheaper option, 6 gig is useless, my family would use that allowance in a day or two! For £27 I would want unlimited.